Question Why am I still getting GPU usage drops?

Spartan6056

Reputable
Oct 25, 2015
I have recently upgraded my computer. For a while though, I had not yet upgraded my graphics card and was still running a 1070, but the rest of my computer was upgraded. I was having GPU usage drops for a while and nothing I did seemed to fix it. I ended up finally upgrading the GPU and got a 2060 super to try and fix the problem, but I am still having frequent GPU usage drops in game no matter what the graphics are set to.

At this point, I'm not sure what could be causing the problem and if it is even a GPU issue. I have updated drivers, I have monitored my computer while playing and nothing is overheating, and nothing is overclocked. Sometimes my computer freezes from time to time while just using the internet. I don't have any viruses, so I'm just completely confused about why my computer would be acting like this. Any suggestions at all would be welcome.

Here's my full parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/h6Hdq3

Reactions: ThrainnTheRed
Feb 10, 2020
I have recently upgraded my computer. For a while though, I had not yet upgraded my graphics card and was still running a 1070, but the rest of my computer was upgraded. I was having GPU usage drops for a while and nothing I did seemed to fix it. I ended up finally upgrading the GPU and got a 2060 super to try and fix the problem, but I am still having frequent GPU usage drops in game no matter what the graphics are set to.

At this point, I'm not sure what could be causing the problem and if it is even a GPU issue. I have updated drivers, I have monitored my computer while playing and nothing is overheating, and nothing is overclocked. Sometimes my computer freezes from time to time while just using the internet. I don't have any viruses, so I'm just completely confused about why my computer would be acting like this. Any suggestions at all would be welcome.

Here's my full parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/h6Hdq3
Hey I've been having the exact same issue. Was getting gpu usage and frame drops, upgraded from gtx970, I5 6600k to a rtx2060, Ryzen 5 3600 and got a new psu just to be safe. The issue is still there. Have you had any luck with it?