Why am I using so much RAM?

KieranD365

Reputable
Jul 24, 2014
Hi guys, I Started to notice that I'm using over 90% of my 4gb RAM, When using chrome, Spotify, Antivius and background applications. Is this normal?

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Chrome is known to be a RAM hog. What you should do is look at the Notification icons next to your clock to see which programs are starting up on Boot and go into the settings to uncheck the option to Start with Windows. Install a Startup Manager to give you a complete listing.

Since you only have 4GB Ram installed, I'll assume you're running a 32-bit version of Windows. What you might want to do is increase the size of your Page File. That will help avoid any potential problems of you running out of RAM while using a program.

KieranD365

Reputable
Jul 24, 2014

I literally just installed 64bit, and am planning to upgrade to 8gb ASAP
i've just checked what opens up on start up, and unchecked a few boxes! See how it goes,
*side note*
Saves me having to make a new thread, Would you know what upgrade i should get RAM wise. Ideally, below a £50 price range if possible
Specs*
CPU: AMD A10-5800K 3.7GHz
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88X Extreme4+ ATX FM2+
Thanks!

SBMfromLA

Distinguished

Your price range come out to be just under $80 USD, right? However, I know computer parts are more expensive overseas but here is something that about $55 in the USA...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231311&ignorebbr=1