[SOLVED] Why are all of my headsets microphone's extremely quiet?

sir_squab7

Prominent
Dec 20, 2020
My headsets have always been quiet but they just stopped working all together. My microphone's are extremely quiet. I have tried everything, change levels and boost to max, got a new headset, reinstalled realtek audio drivers, got a techrise usb soundcard but none of them seem to work. The microphones also are quiet on my other computer, my laptop. How could I just get another headset that the mic is also really quiet? I have 3 headsets I have tested, a kraken headset, the hyper x cloud 2, and I just bought the hyper x stinger because my friend uses it and his mic quality is really good. I saw a video that said getting a usb sound card would help but it doesn't. I have tried 2 splitters to to to the motherboard IO, the front ports, and via the usb sound card. The speaker quality is good, but the mic is bad. My main pc I have a b450m gaming plus max. It was working before but now it just stopped. Help me please

Solution
Ok I got it to work, I have no idea how. I just searched for realtek audio drivers and downloaded them instead of getting them from the MSI motherboard website. Maybe the aux cords are really finicky? There is static but it doesn't seem to be awful. I'm not even using the soundcard I bought, it seems to only work without it...

sir_squab7

Prominent
Dec 20, 2020
Ok I got it to work, I have no idea how. I just searched for realtek audio drivers and downloaded them instead of getting them from the MSI motherboard website. Maybe the aux cords are really finicky? There is static but it doesn't seem to be awful. I'm not even using the soundcard I bought, it seems to only work without it...

Solution

TRENDING THREADS