[SOLVED] Why are download speeds from my PCie network adapter so slow?

ActualPizza

Prominent
Aug 9, 2019
My PC currently is installed with a TPLink AC1300 wireless network adapter. It sees low speeds of about 110mbps while my laptop sees speeds in excess of that of around 200mbps in the same location. I'm wondering what I can do to increase the download speed for my desktop.

Solution
Laptops are plastic. PCs are usually metal with the wifi antenna behind the metal. An external dipole antenna that sits on your desk or atop the desktop would double the gain with the antenna alone. Possibly add a repeater. My home had that aluminized fiberglass insulation in the walls and the pattern of reflection from the metal in the walls created a dead zone where my PC was.
Aug 10, 2020
Laptops are plastic. PCs are usually metal with the wifi antenna behind the metal. An external dipole antenna that sits on your desk or atop the desktop would double the gain with the antenna alone. Possibly add a repeater. My home had that aluminized fiberglass insulation in the walls and the pattern of reflection from the metal in the walls created a dead zone where my PC was.

Solution