[SOLVED] Why are Laptop displays so bad and always blur? Do Monitors have indeed a better picture?

tzuzu100

Reputable
Feb 2, 2019
Hi, Why are Laptop displays so bad and always blur?

All laptops I had so far had a bad blurry display, only the ones with glossy screen were perfect.

Do Monitors give indeed a better picture?

Solution
The colors are bad, yes lack of sharpness too, bad looking videos , photos, especially when its a matte display
Well it depends on the laptop and the monitor.
Many cheap (and some expensive) laptops have 768p displays, while most external monitors are at least 1080p. This makes them less sharp. Among those 768p displays many are bad TN panels, which is worse than many external monitors, which at least have better TN panels, or even IPS or VA.

Glossy laptop panels are often IPS, which has the best color quality, and 768p IPS panels are quite rare.
The colors are bad, yes lack of sharpness too, bad looking videos , photos, especially when its a matte display
Well it depends on the laptop and the monitor.
Many cheap (and some expensive) laptops have 768p displays, while most external monitors are at least 1080p. This makes them less sharp. Among those 768p displays many are bad TN panels, which is worse than many external monitors, which at least have better TN panels, or even IPS or VA.

Glossy laptop panels are often IPS, which has the best color quality, and 768p IPS panels are quite rare.

Solution
but doesn´t videos look better in glossy display?
It really depends more on the display panel, as I mentioned before. Glossy displays are usually IPS, which is, again, the most color accurate panel type. Matte can be anything. But if you buy a matte IPS and compare it to glossy IPS, I would say there isn't a difference.

Either way, I don't know of any glossy 24" standalone displays.