[SOLVED] why are my cpu temps like this? (there are 8 values one of them is very higher)

Solution
SomeGuyonTHW,

Temperature #6 in your screenshot is most likely your VRM (Voltage Regulator Modules) which supply Core voltage to the CPU from the PSU (Power Supply). Although 84°C is starting to get a bit toasty, it's nothing to be concerned about.

However, regarding your CPU, heat originates from deep within the Cores, so Core temperatures are your most critical values. "Package" temperature is the "hottest" Core, which happens to coincide with Core #2 at the moment your screenshot was taken. The hottest Core will typically shift from Core to Core depending upon workload, and may not necessarily always be the same Core. If IntelBurn Test was your workload at the time of your screenshot, your Core temperatures are...

Lutfij

Titan
You might find these an interesting read;

CompuTronix

Intel Master
SomeGuyonTHW,

Temperature #6 in your screenshot is most likely your VRM (Voltage Regulator Modules) which supply Core voltage to the CPU from the PSU (Power Supply). Although 84°C is starting to get a bit toasty, it's nothing to be concerned about.

However, regarding your CPU, heat originates from deep within the Cores, so Core temperatures are your most critical values. "Package" temperature is the "hottest" Core, which happens to coincide with Core #2 at the moment your screenshot was taken. The hottest Core will typically shift from Core to Core depending upon workload, and may not necessarily always be the same Core. If IntelBurn Test was your workload at the time of your screenshot, your Core temperatures are excellent and well within specifications. Also, I would recommend HWiNFO over Open Hardware Monitor, as HWiNFO is frequently updated and is a trusted utility which is widely known for its accuracy.

Although Intel's specification for "Throttle" temperature for your i7-6700 is 100°C, the consensus among well informed and highly experienced reviewers, system builders and expert overclockers, is that it's prudent to observe a reasonable thermal margin below Throttle temperature for ultimate stability, performance and longevity. So regardless of environmental conditions, hardware configurations, software workloads or any other variables, Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended.

As such, here's the nominal operating range for Core temperature:

Core temperatures below 80°C are ideal.

PdancCI.jpg

If you'd like to learn more, then as my esteemed colleague, Lutfij suggested, click on the links he provided, or just click on the link in my signature.

CT :sol:

Solution

TRENDING THREADS