[SOLVED] why are my files not trasnferring in proper USB speed?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2707986
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2707986

i have a toshiba usb2.0 drive plugged into the usb2.0 port of my motherboard, but its only transferring at 5.8mb/second, its awfully slow since i read that usb2.0 can transfer at up to 9mb/second. i even reinstalled windows to restore all settings back to default, but to no avail, does anyone know what the problem might be?

thanks for the help!

Solution
i have a toshiba usb2.0 drive plugged into the usb2.0 port of my motherboard, but its only transferring at 5.8mb/second, its awfully slow since i read that usb2.0 can transfer at up to 9mb/second. i even reinstalled windows to restore all settings back to default, but to no avail, does anyone know what the problem might be?

thanks for the help!
Most probably limitation is of the USB Drive and not the system. Did you try using that drive on other system and if you did how were the speeds. If not please try it on some other system.

thanks for the help!
Most probably limitation is of the USB Drive and not the system. Did you try using that drive on other system and if you did how were the speeds. If not please try it on some other system.

Solution