Why are my games crashing after new GPU?

Dec 18, 2018
Hello,

I recently upgraded my GT 1030 to an RX 580 (Nvidia to AMD) and after installing the GPU, reinstalling the new AMD drivers and playing a game with my new GPU, it would last about 10 minutes and then crash, or even sometimes crash the entire system. I only have some possible ideas, my CPU overheating (its reaching temps of around 75-80 under load), my PSU since its a crappy $50 500watt Litepower PSU, my RAM since its only 8GB (Crucial DDR4 2400MHz) and apparently it can only read "Use" 6.9 GB. It could be a number of problems but i was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions. and please keep in mind that my previous GT 1030 had no problems at all, no crashes.

p.s. sometimes when my PC BSOD while playing games, the stop code was MEMORY_MANAGEMENT...

My Specs.
-ROG STRIX Rx 580
-Asus TUF B350M-PLUS Gaming AM4 mATX Motherboard
-Thermaltake Litepower 500W OEM ATX PSU
-Western Digital WD20EZRZ Blue 2TB SATA 6Gb HDD 64M
-AMD Ryzen 5 2400G 4-Core Socket AM4 3.6GHz CPU
-Crucial 8GB (1x8GB) DDR4 2400MHz
-Windows 10

Cheers, Adam

Solution
My first thought goes towards the power supply....as you are at the bare minimum per AMD. I would check the voltages under load.

Plus....the nature of how the PC fails agrees with a PSU heating up and voltages dropping and then "crash".
My first thought goes towards the power supply....as you are at the bare minimum per AMD. I would check the voltages under load.

Plus....the nature of how the PC fails agrees with a PSU heating up and voltages dropping and then "crash".

Solution

Replace the PSU with a good unit, the one you have is one of the worst PSU's you can buy.

Dec 18, 2018

I think you're right, the PSU is just junk in my opinion... would you think the ram could be at any fault as well? I was just wondering because that BSOD with the RAM Failure raised my alarm to the memory, could the PSU be causing that as well...

Thanks!

Dec 18, 2018

Thanks for the quick response, yep, im going to get a new PSU this week, i was planing on the "Cooler Master MWE Gold 750W 80 Plus Gold Power Supply" does that sound all right? or if you have any other suggestions...

Thanks again