Question Why are my games crashing to desktop?

Aug 22, 2019
So the story goes...
I bought a used PC so i thought it's time to upgrade since i had a Asus Z370-F GAMING mobo lying around. i bought a new Case/RAM/Cooler so i reused the PSU and the GPU.
specs right now:
i7-8700k non-oc
Corsair Vengence 3200mhz 16GB
CoolerMaster ML240
Gainward GTX 1050
DeepCool DN500 (http://www.deepcool.com/product/powersupply/2015-08/10_3658.shtml)
1TB m.2 SSD from ADATA XPG SX6000 (if not mistaken)

1st problem is that my games crash to desktop and sometimes stutter tho the fps is limited to 60 and the gpu un not drawing more then 60% of power that is like 50W?
2nd problem is that the pc is not allways starting on the first try it posts shows the ROG logo (where the windows loading snake should be) and stops there.
I restart the pc and it boots propperly.

So i have read that the issue could be motherboard shorts (i don't think i did anything wrong with screwing the standoffs down)
The PSU might be faulty (have set an order in for a new SeaSonic FOCUS PLUS 750W Gold unit)

What do you think guys? The problems started after upgrading from 240gb regular ssd to my m.2 fresh windows and everything. i have checked all the drivers btw.

Edit: After hours of research i found that i might have clocked the RAM incorectly. Since i cound not find X.M.P in my bios i just changed the frequency to 3200mhz from default 2133mhz I found that my ram should work on 3200mhz on 1.35v and 16-18-18-36 I will try to set that in a couple hours after work .

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019
Use the new seasonic PSU, don't use that DeepCool DN500 anymore, because the low quality PSU is like a time bomb.
So it turns out i was right. I had overclocked the RAM incorrectly i found where the X.M.P profiles where enabled it and everything is working fine again.
Still a little GPU bottlenecked tho.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS