[SOLVED] Why are my games crashing when my rams are fine?

Sep 27, 2019
Why are my games crashing? My specs are

GPU- Asus Rog Strix GTX1080
CPU- Intel i5-7500
CPU Cooler- EVGA CLC240
Motherboard- Asus Prime H270 Pro
Ram- HyperX Fury 8GB x4 (32GB)
Storage- Kingston A400 120GB
Storage- Samsung 850EVO 500GB
Storage- 2TB of Sea Gate Barracuda
Power Supply- Corsair CX750M

I tested my rams with memtest and everything was fine but in order to not crash I had to lower my GPU power consumption. Is this a problem with my PSU? or is it because I am using a H chipsets motherboard?

Solution
but in order to not crash I had to lower my GPU power consumption. Is this a problem with my PSU?
Maybe the PSU has problem, or the gtx1080 does not run stable, or even the gtx has problem.

1) Monitor the GPU temp.

2) Tweak the GPU with software, like increase the voltage little bit, or under-clock the GPU, these will help the GPU runs stable.

30 Or go into the BIOS, check the +3.3V, +5V, and +12V in pc heath monitor or hardware monitor section, you want to see these Voltages are within +/-5%, like +3.3V, it should be within +3.15V to +3.45V. If it is, the PSU is fine, otherwise the PSU has problem to handle the gtx1080.

4) Also make sure the MB has the newer chipset driver, and try to use DDU ( if you don't try it yet) to...
but in order to not crash I had to lower my GPU power consumption. Is this a problem with my PSU?
Maybe the PSU has problem, or the gtx1080 does not run stable, or even the gtx has problem.

1) Monitor the GPU temp.

2) Tweak the GPU with software, like increase the voltage little bit, or under-clock the GPU, these will help the GPU runs stable.

30 Or go into the BIOS, check the +3.3V, +5V, and +12V in pc heath monitor or hardware monitor section, you want to see these Voltages are within +/-5%, like +3.3V, it should be within +3.15V to +3.45V. If it is, the PSU is fine, otherwise the PSU has problem to handle the gtx1080.

4) Also make sure the MB has the newer chipset driver, and try to use DDU ( if you don't try it yet) to uninstall the GPU driver, then reinstall the GPU driver again.
DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files_details/display_driver_uninstaller_download.html

Solution
Specs are good overall. Seems like a software issue. Double check Task Manager to make sure there is no odd applications utilising the CPU. In start-up disable any non essential applications from starting up. I would update your drivers and do the DDU cleanup for the GPU drivers as cin19 has suggested.

Take a look at CPU and GPU temps underload.

Also and just in case, there was a Windows Update issue which caused high CPU usage.
https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/new-windows-10-build-update-can-cause-high-cpu-activity.html

Dec 9, 2019
First, install new drivers for gpu, update bios and get new chipset drivers ( all toutorials on youtube )
Next stop all overclocks if you are doing any.
Lastly if neither of those work try finding a program that it always crashes on.. Try runing something demanding and as you are doing that look into task manager if either cpu or ram are using all resources also check the pemps of both cpu and gpu while that is happening. You can narrow down the problem to a specific component.

TRENDING THREADS