[SOLVED] Why are my games stuttering all of a sudden ?

May 18, 2021
Hi guys, I just wanted to know what is causing my games to stutter all of a sudden, it was going fine 2-3 weeks ago ?

I overclocked my GTX 1650 (+397 mhz on memory clock/+131 core clock) and had used it without any issue for like 4 months until the stuttering happened so I changed it back to stock.
One week since then my games are starting have microstutters again...my temps for gpu and cpu are normal (66-72 c) but its summer here in the Philippines where we experience up to 41 degrees at noon so...

Here is my rig:
Ryzen 5 2600 (stock cooler)
MSI Gtx 1650 ventus
Hyperx Fury 2x8gb 2666 mhz
MSI B450m Mortar Max
Corsair CV550 bronze
Western digital black 1tb,seagate barracuda 1tb, western digital green m.2 SSD 480gb
Cooler Master Cmp 102 case

Solution
Check the processor temperature. It is very possible that because of that games lugging and suttering.
I tried everything
  • in the end I tried to move the old thermal paste and put a new one.
  • CPU performance has improved. The temperature dropped from 90 degrees to 60 when I play games. when I'm not playing it's 30 degrees.

I HOPE I HELPED SOMEONE

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, etc. that correspond with the crashes.

Numerous and varying errors suggests that the PSU may be nearing its' designed in EOL (End of Life).

Starting to falter and fail. Maybe all the more so with the environment getting hotter....

How old is that 550 Watt Corsair PSU? Heavy gaming use - correct?

The 4 months of overclocking may taken the PSU to the edge. Going back to "stock" did not stop the decline - just slowed the decline a bit.

If you have a multi-meter and know how to use it or know someone who does then you can test the PSU to some extent.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Not a full test as the PSU is not under load. However any voltages out of tolerance make the PSU a prime suspect.

May 20, 2021
Check the processor temperature. It is very possible that because of that games lugging and suttering.
I tried everything
  • in the end I tried to move the old thermal paste and put a new one.
  • CPU performance has improved. The temperature dropped from 90 degrees to 60 when I play games. when I'm not playing it's 30 degrees.

I HOPE I HELPED SOMEONE

Solution