Question Why are my games stuttering so badly ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 2, 2022
As others have said, this sounds like RAM filling up and the swap file being used, which would tank performance. 16GB is really the bare minimum for gaming nowadays, and I'd argue 32GB is preferred.
seems to be like that and now im having 2 more problems so i try to run gta 5 today and it was stuttering so badly like this time is real bad my gpu and cpu usage are fluctuations and whenever i run my games at fullscreen the game look pixelated so are there anyways that you can help me fix both of this problems i mean at least less stutter would be good since i cant afford ram for now

seems to be like that and now im having 2 more problems so i try to run gta 5 today and it was stuttering so badly like this time is real bad my gpu and cpu usage are fluctuations and whenever i run my games at fullscreen the game look pixelated so are there anyways that you can help me fix both of this problems i mean at least less stutter would be good since i cant afford ram for now
Put your swapfile on an SSD if it’s not already

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Jul 2, 2022
I can't be certain about that. It could be something to do with scaling in game. Try resetting all in game settings, along with the Nvidia Control Panel. Then test again. It's possibly some setting you've changed.
i did all of them nothing seem to help i think playing on window and borderless might only be my option for now.

ASK THE COMMUNITY