Question Why are my games stuttering so badly ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

termite_z

Prominent
Jul 2, 2022
the title says it all. so basically it will only happen on high graphics games such as ARK , COD , ASSASSIN'S even in fortnite and overwatch sometime every time it stutter the disk usage goes up too 100 and will be back to normal after the stutter stop but after resetting my pc everything run smoothly no stutter at all but after a month or 2 the stutter came back and i have no idea what to do now my drivers are all up to date already reinstalled my drivers nothing help what only help is resetting my pc put as i said the stutter will be back after a month i've been having this issue for almost 2years now after finding solution for 1year and a half i gave up and stop playing for so long i came back to find a way to fix it.

here is my pc spec:

gpu: rtx2070

cpu: intel i7 8700

ram: ddr4 8GB 2666MHz

idk what to mention more

here is the vid of how bad my pc performed ( as you can see it takes so long to load it was longer but i cut it out )
View: https://youtu.be/wooiPmLL3Tc

termite_z

Prominent
Jul 2, 2022
As others have said, this sounds like RAM filling up and the swap file being used, which would tank performance. 16GB is really the bare minimum for gaming nowadays, and I'd argue 32GB is preferred.
seems to be like that and now im having 2 more problems so i try to run gta 5 today and it was stuttering so badly like this time is real bad my gpu and cpu usage are fluctuations and whenever i run my games at fullscreen the game look pixelated so are there anyways that you can help me fix both of this problems i mean at least less stutter would be good since i cant afford ram for now

D

Deleted member 14196

seems to be like that and now im having 2 more problems so i try to run gta 5 today and it was stuttering so badly like this time is real bad my gpu and cpu usage are fluctuations and whenever i run my games at fullscreen the game look pixelated so are there anyways that you can help me fix both of this problems i mean at least less stutter would be good since i cant afford ram for now
Put your swapfile on an SSD if it’s not already

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

termite_z

Prominent
Jul 2, 2022
I can't be certain about that. It could be something to do with scaling in game. Try resetting all in game settings, along with the Nvidia Control Panel. Then test again. It's possibly some setting you've changed.
i did all of them nothing seem to help i think playing on window and borderless might only be my option for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.