Question Why are my headphones not working properly with my inline amplifier?

Oct 8, 2021
Just so you have a little of background:
I currently own an inline amplifier for the px22 headphones. This allows me to control audio on my computer very easily with a slider that sits on my lap. One slider controls my PC audio like music, games, etc., and the other allows me to control my chat audio like discord, and Skype. Now I no longer have the px22 headphones for the amplifier and upgraded my headphones to the HyperX CloudX headphones and they worked like a charm. Only thing is that recently I noticed that the headphones were very worn out so I replaced them with the HyperX Cloud 2. My problem is that I hear some white noise with the new headphones while my old ones are silent. I tested the new ones with the cables it came with and with straight up aux to my PC and the noise disappears which leads me to believe that they are somehow not compatible with my amplifier. I can still control volume the way I always have but the white noise is very noticeable. The amplifier connects to my computer with USB and aux, and the headphones connects to the amplifier with aux. Any suggestions?
TLDR: New headphones (HyperX Cloud 2) have some white noise with my PX22 amplifier while my old headphones (HyperX CloudX) don't.

This we might not find out anyway, but my thoughts about this:
  • Are there different impedance reading between new and old headphones? Does your amplifier have a markings where it says in which impedance range it is supposed to work within ?
  • Are there additional components (i.e. buttons or volume controllers) on the headphone wire itself ?
Have you re-connected anything else that the headphone itself ?

Does the new headphones work when you connect to other equipment ?

TRENDING THREADS