Why are some gaming monitors aprreciating in value?

u8mypizza22

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018
Hello,
Has anyone noticed that some gaming monitors are actually appreciating in value?
For example I have a Asus PG278Q. I bought this monitor almost two years ago for about $650. Now, the exact same monitor is going for almost 950 dollars, that to me is crazy. It is an amazing monitor with great specs, and has served me well for a while now. But usually, after a couple of years, electronics don't appreciate in value. Was curious if there is some kind a shortage on materials, or maybe the demand is just high right now?

nvincent_08

Reputable
in amazon i found one that cost $700 but discounted to $650, might be due to demand or availability from the factory, it is kinda weird if it value were really good, considering asus keep releasing newer better monitor and also from another brand

u8mypizza22

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018

Yeah, I noticed the PG278QR for $650, but it's not the same exact one as the PG278Q, the QR is an LED monitor vs LED. So, I understand why that is cheaper, but still, these series of monitors have been out for a while now, and like you said, there has been a steady release of new monitors from Asus. It's just crazy to me. At least I feel better about spending the 650 back then lol.

nvincent_08

Reputable

sometimes there could be product that were discontinued but a lot of people still want that product, so the price can goes all the way up, but who knows what's exactly goin on? lol