Question Why are the drivers not working for my 690?

jkris.b

Reputable
Oct 31, 2017
pcpartpicker.com
So i got a gtx 690 because i really wanted a dual gpu everything were going well but only one gpu showed up in afterburner but 2 showed to on gpuz so i were playing games and it ran really well but then someone suggested re install the drivers so i fully re installed them and now it just won't work so when i load into windows i go to install the driver my monitor keeps flashing on and off when it comes back on i get a notification force re install graphics driver and it just does nothing so anyone have a suggestion.

here is an example
View: https://youtu.be/er3-8TvDDh4

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
Where did you get the drivers?

My thought is that the driver download or installation process got corrupted somewhere.

Check the driver source, check that the correct driver is being downloaded.

Then manually download, reinstall, and reconfigure.

jkris.b

Reputable
Oct 31, 2017
pcpartpicker.com
Right so things have changed now i also have a 2080 super which is my main im just testing this 690 i installed the 2080 then did the driver update and i installed the 690 again it worked so i started gta before all this kicked off i were getting 80 fps in max settings with sli on well it must have been but now i try it again in only getting 30 to 40 fps for some reason

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Wait. I didn't think it was possible to sli a RTX2080 Super with a gtx690 considering Everything is different, from ram size to clockspeeds to chipset.

Are you positive it was actually sli? Sounds more like mgpu and running in DX12 native and after the mixups with the drivers it's now running in DX11 and refusing the sli.