Why are the prices so hiked in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utkarsh Mahajan

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2013
Just look at amazon.in, flipkart and snapdeal. I just don't get whats with it. One of my friend was going to get some components to build his pc but most of the components were at a very high cost. Kingston Hyperx 8gb 1866 Mhz ram that i took for rs 2500 is at 4000rs right now, all has increased. Why?

Solution
India is bloody expensive anyway , & as stated ddr3 ram prices seem to be rising & rising at the minute , in the UK you can get DDR 2400mhz+ for less than standard 1600mhz ddr3 just about everywhere now (when ddr4 came out is was priced 30-40% higher comparatively)

Price wise at the minute over here £1 = 1$ = €1 just about sincwvthe brexit fiasco - not many bargains to be had over here either ( though not as bad as you)

amtseung

Distinguished
RAM prices have been going up everywhere over the past few months, especially DDR3. The kit of RAM I'm currently running, 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz DDR3, used to be USD $35 on Amazon. It's currently $60.

It's not just India, memory prices are rapidly inflating everywhere. And probably, like COLGeek said, because of supply and demand.

India is bloody expensive anyway , & as stated ddr3 ram prices seem to be rising & rising at the minute , in the UK you can get DDR 2400mhz+ for less than standard 1600mhz ddr3 just about everywhere now (when ddr4 came out is was priced 30-40% higher comparatively)

Price wise at the minute over here £1 = 1$ = €1 just about sincwvthe brexit fiasco - not many bargains to be had over here either ( though not as bad as you)

Solution

Utkarsh Mahajan

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2013

Not just ram prcies. look at hdd, ssd, processors(the skylake ones were cheaper by 2k rs in may)

Status
Not open for further replies.