[SOLVED] Why aren't all my cores enabled on my Ryzen 7 1700 on my b450m motherboard and how do I enable it on my Windows 10 PC

Solution
however it only says it enabled only one core and I did not touch it. Something must be wrong.
Right.
The checkbox Unchecked, and a "1" in the box underneath is the default condition.
All cores are in play.

This is how it is supposed to look.
eJukHzR.png

Any change from this only lowers the number of cores and reduces performance.

DDTM16

Prominent
Apr 9, 2020
I believe this is how you do it- Type 'msconfig' into the Windows Search Box and hit Enter. Select the Boot tab and then Advanced options. Check the box next to Number of processors and select the number of cores you want to use. Select OK and then Apply.

USAFRet

Titan
I believe this is how you do it- Type 'msconfig' into the Windows Search Box and hit Enter. Select the Boot tab and then Advanced options. Check the box next to Number of processors and select the number of cores you want to use. Select OK and then Apply.
That is actually 100% wrong.

The default condition of that checkbox is Unchecked.
This, by default, enables ALL processors, all cores on the CPU.

Any selection other than that default can only lower the number of cores/processors available.

Leave it alone.

Reactions: beorn

DeathHadArrived

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019
That is actually 100% wrong.

The default condition of that checkbox is Unchecked.
This, by default, enables ALL processors, all cores on the CPU.

Any selection other than that default can only lower the number of cores/processors available.

Leave it alone.
however it only says it enabled only one core and I did not touch it. Something must be wrong.

DDTM16

Prominent
Apr 9, 2020
Right.
The checkbox Unchecked, and a "1" in the box underneath is the default condition.
All cores are in play.

This is how it is supposed to look.
eJukHzR.png

Any change from this only lowers the number of cores and reduces performance.
Sometimes it actually does boost performance, I did this on my 7 year old laptop with an AMD A6 and it made it boot much faster and made the processor go to 2.4ghz, quite a bit of a boost from 2.0ghz.