[SOLVED] Why can’t i connect to any wireless internet source?

Jun 27, 2020
i’ve tried many solutions and they all don’t work i’ve restarted my router a good 7 times (same with my pc) this was a build i built about 7 hours ago and i have windows 10 on my pc. but every time i try to connect to the internet i don’t see anything that says wifi it’s only ethernet. my specs are
Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar titanium
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

the only thing they’re trying to have me connect to is ethernet and that is impossible as my router only holds two ethernet slots, and i need both of them for my alarm system and my cameras...... please help i want to get into pc gaming but i’m very worried rn.

Solution
i have another question tho. i’m looking around and i see people downloading wireless drivers for their pc, is there anyway i can download a driver to a usb flash drive i have and just stick it into my computer and put it on there and i’m good?
WiFi is a type of radio wave, a USB drive can't intercept radio waves so you need a USB dongle which has the correct hardware to intercept the WiFi radio waves.

RealBeast

Titan
i’ve tried many solutions and they all don’t work i’ve restarted my router a good 7 times (same with my pc) this was a build i built about 7 hours ago and i have windows 10 on my pc. but every time i try to connect to the internet i don’t see anything that says wifi it’s only ethernet. my specs are

the only thing they’re trying to have me connect to is ethernet and that is impossible as my router only holds two ethernet slots, and i need both of them for my alarm system and my cameras...... please help i want to get into pc gaming but i’m very worried rn.
Change the priority of your connection. In the network control panel open change adapter settings and hit the alt key. Then above open advanced and select advanced options. In the adapters and binding tab move the wireless network to the top position.

kanewolf

Titan

Verify that the channels that your router is using are valid for your configuration. For example, if your router is using channel 13, your motherboard may be configured to only allow channels 1 - 11. Same with 5Ghz channels. Allowable channels vary based on local.

Jun 27, 2020
Rip, before you get one make sure your motherboard has space for a NIC (your GPU might block the PCI slot), otherwise get a USB dongle
i have another question tho. i’m looking around and i see people downloading wireless drivers for their pc, is there anyway i can download a driver to a usb flash drive i have and just stick it into my computer and put it on there and i’m good?

OF_freeCn

Commendable
Apr 12, 2019
WiFi is a type of radio wave, a USB drive can't intercept radio waves so you need a USB dongle which has the correct hardware to intercept the WiFi radio waves.

Solution