Question Why can’t i get into my BIOS but i can get into windows?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
Hello, i just bought an ASUS B550-F, a ryzen 5 5600x, and 2 more sticks of 3200mhz 8gb sticks (i have 2400mhz included)
After taking and replacing all my parts from my old MOBO to my new one, i turn my pc on to see the DRAM light go on for 5 seconds, then the red CPU light for 1 second, then then it flick transitions to a solid VGA light.

I’ve tried updating the bios to newest driver (beta included)

Tried from windows, reset windows to only have it restart and start again with a black screen.

Downloading ASUS Armoury but that crashes everytime i go to the bios settings.

Tried reseating every cable, and hardware component except for my CPU cause Ik that’s not the issue.

Tried negating ram, i got in bios one time but that was it, after doing that no more, i messed with a few settings to figure out if they could fix, but to no avail.

i hear that i have to change my MOBO options from running on IGPU to my GPU, but i can’t do that if i can’t enter BIOS.

I’ve tried running without hard drive, and my M.2. Nothing.

Reset CMOS uncountable times

My specs:
GTX 1050ti
Ryzen5 5600x
ASUS B550-f
Evo-980 m.2 250gb
Seagate HDD
2x Corsair DDR4 8gb 2400hz
2xCorsair DDR4 8gb 3200mhz

I’ve looked all around and see the same troubleshooting methods that don’t work. And “SOLVED” threads that have no solution. Everything in my PC is now new, and it obviously works since it boots to windows after 15 seconds. The login graphics are <Mod Edit> if that says anything. I’ve been bashing my head for a day now, been waiting to play on my pc this weekend only to come home and have this issue. I know everything is connected right, or else it wouldn’t launch to windows or turn on. Makes no sense. Someone anyone. Please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
I’m fairly certain i did, i clicked the program and pressed enter, moved the renamed file out of the unzipped file, deleted said unzipped file, unplugged the USB (it was formatted fat32) plugged it into the bios port on the IO panel, power the pc idle, pressed the “bios flashback” for about 3 seconds and then it started blinking, at that point it was updating, 10 mins go by just about and it stops blinking. reboot computer and can only boot to windows. I did this the second or third time launching the pc. That’s what I’m saying, could it have been that i launched it without updating first, and that it messed up?

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
I wouldn't think that would be causing this because the cpu is able to run on that board with the original bios it was shipped out with.
So quick post, taking cpu fan off mother board and while pulling it off, the cpu came with it. Stuck to it. Thank god nothing happens to the pins. Idk what that was. It was locked in place.

May have to start a new thread and poss that question that way.
Why changing a faulty mobo would stop those games that was playing before.

When you installed the new board did you do a clean install of win Again ya I know if sucks.

That why I started putting my most important programs / games on secondary drives.
If the os system drive goes down I still keep those secondary drives intact.

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021

When you installed the new board did you do a clean install of win Again ya I know if sucks.

That why I started putting my most important programs / games on secondary drives.
I don’t really care about files, i have docs for my clips. But yea i had to reinstall in general cause it was messed up before. Ig I’ll go get a 1tb m.2 tomorrow. If anything will fix, it will be that.. I’ll take drive to roommate and use his spare to test the drive.

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021

I just installed my drive and it’s still doing it, going to reinstall windows on fat32 format and see what happens. Cause that could explain it

If you are going to clean install windows make sure the intended drive for windows is the only drive hooked up.
Any other drive can be just unplugged if it easier the fully removing.

There was a thread in recent weeks win 10 put the boot partion on a secondary drive that was hooked up.

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
If you are going to clean install windows make sure the intended drive for windows is the only drive hooked up.
Any other drive can be just unplugged if it easier the fully removing.

There was a thread in recent weeks win 10 put the boot partion on a secondary drive that was hooked up.
So disconnect my HDD and then install?

Status
Not open for further replies.