[SOLVED] Why can’t I use my hard drive at all?

Mar 17, 2020
I just recently built a gaming pc and installed windows onto my SSD. As I started to download games and apps, I expected it to download onto my 1Tb hard drive but it had been downloading everything onto my SSD. I now only have about 4Gbs left on my SSD. I couldn’t find my hard drive anywhere in my settings so I went into disk management and it was Unallocated. I fixed that and I could then find it on my computer. Then as I tried downloading stuff onto my hard drive, it wouldn’t let me. I went into my bios and can’t find it anywhere and when I tried to wipe it, it also wouldn’t let me. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? I just spent a ton of money on this pc and my stomach sinks just thinking about this

Solution
If your hard disk drive becomes unresponsive or you’re unable to format your drive then there are chances that your drive may become RAW or inaccessible. There are various reasons for this issue such as BIOS settings, USB data line, USB interface voltage variability, drive hidden issue, or compatibility issue, etc.

Whatever be the reason, the end result is data inaccessibility or data loss.

You can try below options as a solution for this issue:

1. Establish a connection between another system and USB Data Line to verify whether it is broken or not.
  2. Make sure the system and motherboard are compatible with each other.
  3. Verify whether the USB interface voltage is up to the mark or not.
  4. Use Disk Management to unhide...
Mar 17, 2020
If your hard disk drive becomes unresponsive or you’re unable to format your drive then there are chances that your drive may become RAW or inaccessible. There are various reasons for this issue such as BIOS settings, USB data line, USB interface voltage variability, drive hidden issue, or compatibility issue, etc.

Whatever be the reason, the end result is data inaccessibility or data loss.

You can try below options as a solution for this issue:

1. Establish a connection between another system and USB Data Line to verify whether it is broken or not.
  2. Make sure the system and motherboard are compatible with each other.
  3. Verify whether the USB interface voltage is up to the mark or not.
  4. Use Disk Management to unhide the drive.
  5. Ensure USB is enabled in Operating System as well as in BIOS.
If you wish to recover data from a faulty or unreadable hard disk drive, then you can do that with the help of any data recovery software. There are many DIY data recovery software easily available online such as Disk Drill, EaseUs or Stellar Data Recovery software.
So I figured it out... I had to go into disk management where it says it was Unallocated so I had to set up the storage making it a primary partition. But for some reason that didn't work and it started as a simple volume and wouldn't let me delete it. So then I had to go into advanced settings and change a bunch of stuff until I could finally delete it and try again and then it worked. So now I can make a folder under that folder and make it my preference. But thank you for the help and suggestions.

Solution