Question Why can I boot into Linux but I can't boot into any kind of Windows environment ?

Nov 5, 2021
UPDATE; JUST RMA'D my motherboard and got it back and same issue.* I am reposting this from Asus help site and windows forum as I still haven't found a solution** Hello. First off I'm new! I built a computer from scratch last year. I have the Asus x570 gaming motherboard. I installed windows 11 a few weeks ago and it has been running fine. Last week, it green screened and now I can't get it to boot to windows no matter how I try. I'm at a loss, I keep thinking there is something I can do other than send my motherboard back, but no one has any advise that has worked yet. I've included a video that, is the problem. Has anyone had issues? Or suggestions. Ive now disconnected all drives but my main m2 drive, I have windows bootable in there. I've tried booting legacy. And uefi. I just don't know what else to do! Things I've tried...
  • Checking ram sticks
  • Flashing bios
  • Upgrading bios
  • Taking all drives out and just booting windows from USB
  • Legacy and non legacy boots
  • Iso of win 10 from RUFUS
  • BOOTING UEFI from usb drive and installing windows that way
No matter what I try, it just sits on the window square screen.
ALSO it will let me boot just fine to a Linux USB without an issue. [video]( View: https://www.flickr.com/photos/188285713@N06/51588612205/in/dateposted-public/

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? As for your bootable USB installer, did you create your installer using Windows Media Creation Tools and a 16GB pen drive(or higher in capacity? You shouldn't be in Legacy Mode, instead in UEFI.

Mind walking us through the BIOS settings, courtesy of a video or perhaps images to see what you have to work with?

As for your build, please parse the specs to said build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Nov 5, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? As for your bootable USB installer, did you create your installer using Windows Media Creation Tools and a 16GB pen drive(or higher in capacity? You shouldn't be in Legacy Mode, instead in UEFI.

Mind walking us through the BIOS settings, courtesy of a video or perhaps images to see what you have to work with?

As for your build, please parse the specs to said build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

My CPU is ryzen 9 3900XT
motherboard is ASUS TUF GAMING x570plus WIFI
RAM 32gigs of ddr4 3200 (2 16gig sticks)
GPU NVIDIA 2070 super

I have tried taking the sticks out one by one. I can function inside linux with no problem, but anytime I try any sort of windows environment, it will sit on the windows splash screen.

THis is my conversation on windows and it has some of the pictures and videos you have asked for, as well as the troubleshooting I've already gone through.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...b/ccb3b764-f5a7-44c0-9316-cff44819d620?page=4

Latest posts