[SOLVED] Why can I not see and use my actual CPU displayed?

Aug 29, 2019
Since I had moved my new computer to a different room, all of a sudden my CPU is not showing and is instead showing and using what I think to be is my motherboard's CPU. I can provide pictures for reference. I have a Intel i7 6700 with 3.4 GHz but for whatever reason I am to believe that now the PC is using the motherboard's Intel HD Graphics 530 and I cannot understand why. I can supply anyone with pictures for further support.

Solution
I'm confused.
So what is the procedure for something like this? I am connected to the DVI port on my Motherboard. I double checked. I can also send you a photo of the back connections if that may help.

" I am connected to the DVI port on my Motherboard."

That is specifically why you are seeing references to "Intel HD Graphics 530 "
That is the integrated GPU in your existing i7 6700 CPU.

If you connect the monitor to the "GTX 1060 ", you would then be using the dedicated GPU.

Change where the monitor connects.

And yes, a pic is worth 10,000 words here.
Upload it to imgur.com, and post the BBCode link here.
All doubts will be dispelled.
Aug 29, 2019
The Intel i7 6700 is the CPU.
The Intel HD Graphics 530 is the integrated graphics subsystem in that CPU.

What specific GPU do you have installed, if any?
My GPU is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB.
I do not understand why my backup would replace my CPU system since I do not see any current issues with it previously. I can send a photo of my setup if you'd like.

Aug 29, 2019
I am not sure as to why this question is asked about the monitor cable(s). Does the placement change the outcome of my CPU usage? Is there a specific spot as to where the monitor cable will go and will that affect my CPU?

Sorry for the seemingly obvious questions, I just do not know there was a specific place for the monitor cable(s) to go.

Edit: My monitor cable resides in the DVI port, and the other cable is inserted in the "LINE IN" color coded port.

USAFRet

Titan
I am not sure as to why this question is asked about the monitor cable(s). Does the placement change the outcome of my CPU usage? Is there a specific spot as to where the monitor cable will go and will that affect my CPU?

Sorry for the seemingly obvious questions, I just do not know there was a specific place for the monitor cable(s) to go.

Edit: My monitor cable resides in the DVI port, and the other cable is inserted in the "LINE IN" color coded port.
Your CPU has not changed.
It is still the same i7.

That i7 has integrated graphics.
You also have a dedicated GPU.

The 'Intel HD Graphics 530 ' is what is contained in the i7 CPU.
If your monitor is connected to the DVI port on the motherboard...that is the graphics subsystem you are using.

If, instead, your monitor is connected to the DVI port on the GPU, then that is what you are using.

Hence, the question about where the monitor is physically connected.
It is actually quite easy to connect it to the wrong one if you're not looking. They can be very close together.

Aug 29, 2019
Your CPU has not changed.
It is still the same i7.

That i7 has integrated graphics.
You also have a dedicated GPU.

The 'Intel HD Graphics 530 ' is what is contained in the i7 CPU.
If your monitor is connected to the DVI port on the motherboard...that is the graphics subsystem you are using.

If, instead, your monitor is connected to the DVI port on the GPU, then that is what you are using.

Hence, the question about where the monitor is physically connected.
It is actually quite easy to connect it to the wrong one if you're not looking. They can be very close together.
I'm confused.
So what is the procedure for something like this? I am connected to the DVI port on my Motherboard. I double checked. I can also send you a photo of the back connections if that may help.

USAFRet

Titan
I'm confused.

" I am connected to the DVI port on my Motherboard."

That is specifically why you are seeing references to "Intel HD Graphics 530 "
That is the integrated GPU in your existing i7 6700 CPU.

If you connect the monitor to the "GTX 1060 ", you would then be using the dedicated GPU.

Change where the monitor connects.

And yes, a pic is worth 10,000 words here.
Upload it to imgur.com, and post the BBCode link here.
All doubts will be dispelled.

Solution
Aug 29, 2019
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/ErCz1No" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/ErCz1No"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I have also switched my DVI connection to my GPU and will see how everything runs.

Edit: I see that it still states that the 530 is still running, though I changed my port and my games run perfectly on high FPS.
Am I missing something?

Aug 29, 2019
I just want to say that appreciate your patience and cooperation with my almost stupid and unnecessary bombardment of obvious questions.

I appreciate you a lot for this, actually :)

If there are any questions that I will ever need to have addressed, I hope that you are there to answer my calling.

Edit: I cannot thank you enough for this. I hope life is going well for you or will go well.