Why can I play graphic intensive games like Cry

Blake Bush

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2014
Why can I play graphics intensive games like Crysis 2 at maximum settings with no frame lag @ 60fps+, but can only run modern games like Battlefield 4 on lowest settings with less than 20 fps? Even if Crysis 2 was made in 2011, I would think it's still near the same level as BF4.

This is also the same case for other games that I try to play, like Rust, Arma, Supreme Commander, Astroneer, and War Thunder. They all have to be run on rather low settings and still produce fps lag.

I'm running Windows 10
AMD Radeon R7 ; 3700Mhz
Ram: 8GB

Blake Bush

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2014
I've already thought about that. They are up to date. The 200 series isn't supported anymore by AMD, only 210+. So even if there was an update made for 200, I can't download it.

PuperHacker

Honorable

Do you have the latest directX version?

toshibitsu

Distinguished
Granted, Crysis 2 did require a nice system for it to run smoothly... but it's minimum system requirements were a Core 2 Duo CPU, 2GB memory and a 8800 GT(which was the equivalent to the Radeon HD 2900).

These days, 8GB memory is considered 'minimum' and that R7 is below minimum system requirements. It's time to consider upgrading.

PuperHacker

Honorable

I'm sorry, but I hadn't understood before that you have an APU. This performance is to be expected. You should consider getting a 1050Ti.

Blake Bush

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2014
Yeah, I thought so. I made a previous post a month or so ago about what specs would be best for a custom built computer. All that's left is gathering the money. But since I'll probably not get enough of it all soon, I was hoping for a quick fix that might have just slipped under my nose.

Blake Bush

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2014
Well it took me awhile to figure it out, but I actually managed to update my drivers (It didn't make too much of a change). In my system info, it says I have a Radeon R7 200 series. So for many years, I was under the impression that's what I had. So today I looked up my GPU's Vendor ID and found out that the name my System info tells me is actually wrong. I have a Radeon R7 260X, which is still (sort of) supported. I used a CineBench to rate my GPU and it gave it a rating of about 20. After I updated it, I got 23. Not a big difference.