Discussion Why can't a user easily delete their thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently the way to get a thread deleted is a little clunky with a user having to find the "how to delete a post" thread and ask for your thread to be deleted with a link to the thread in question.

I understand why the moderation team doesn't want people to easily be able to delete their own threads as they could be deleting useful info.

However, would it be possible to implement a "request to delete thread" button. Pressing the bottom would send a request to the moderation team just like a report, then the moderators could choose to delete the thread if they see fit.

An easy way to delete threads when the forum double posts and things like that.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you can simply press the report button that is already there and working and ask for it to be deleted that way.

pretty much the same thing you are asking but with a different word on the button!! no need to create a whole new button to accomplish what is already in place :)

the mods check that regularly and will have no issues hitting the delete button for you!!

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
yah, that is true. some people simply rename their thread as "please delete" and it gets taken care of as soon as it's noticed.

the report button is nice as it goes to the mods and someone is usually online to see it quickly. i've reported a couple of my own threads that ended up in the wrong section or for other reasons :)

Reactions: NightHawkRMX

Colif

Win 11 Master
yah, that is true. some people simply rename their thread as "please delete" and it gets taken care of as soon as it's noticed.

the report button is nice as it goes to the mods and someone is usually online to see it quickly. i've reported a couple of my own threads that ended up in the wrong section or for other reasons :)
We would prefer people to report them rather than delete the topics as we cannot reincarnate topics in posts, and not all requests can be approved. If the question has a Best answer on it, we generally don't delete the posts. There are other ways to resolve these issues, we can change ops name as an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.