Question why can't I boot my system when I change my ram speed form 2666mhz to 3200 even if I have the b450-f that supports it

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2020
the motherboard supports 3200mhz and I bought new ram with 3200mhx 32gb 2x16. and installed it. once I turned my pc on and went to the bios settings I changed the speed for my memory from 2666mhz to 3200mhz and then the pc didn't display anything on the monitor?

the motherboard supports 3200mhz and I bought new ram with 3200mhx 32gb 2x16. and installed it. once I turned my pc on and went to the bios settings I changed the speed for my memory from 2666mhz to 3200mhz and then the pc didn't display anything on the monitor?
Lots of things could be wrong:

You usually can't just ramp up the memory multiplier without other changes too. Some Ryzen processors aren't suitable for 3200 RAM clocks. Some memory configurations don't work well at higher clocks. Many motherboards will need a BIOS update for improved memory compatibility.

So to provide meaningful help your system specs will be needed...processor, memory (type, number and mfr), motherboard in particular.

Last edited:
Reactions: dorsai
As stated above we need motherboard, memory, and cpu info to start...please provide the details of each.

It's likely you only need to enable the XMP profile vs setting the ram speed manually...you may also have to set the memory voltage manually that is listed on the side of the memory stick if it's factory overclocked memory. For instance I have 4 sticks of factory overclocked FlareX 3200 8gb memory that runs at 1.35v but it will not work with all 4 sticks installed unless I manually set the voltage to 1.38v

Status
Not open for further replies.