Why can't i change this setting on catalyst? Help!

Skaterkid5050

Reputable
Jun 28, 2014
I wan to change the Color Depth but the option is locked as you can see

How i can change it?
10441125_10204156287021299_3234016111208700055_n.jpg

Solution
<light hearted joke> I guess it could just be those darned AMD drivers</light hearted joke>

Though in AMD's defense, My Nvidia drivers by default make my secondary monitor's(via HDMI) colors look horrible(washed out) without a registry tweak, with no current way to fix it in the drivers.

Have you tried previous versions of the drivers?

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007

I updated my reply.

Edit:
From AMD's release notes

New user controls for video color and display settings

• ■ Greater control over Video Color Management:
    ■ Controls have been expanded from a single slider for controlling Boost and Hue to per color axis
    Color depth control for Digital Flat Panels (available on supported HDMI and DP displays)
    ■ Allows users to select different color depths per resolution and display

Skaterkid5050

Reputable
Jun 28, 2014

So theres no way to change it? :C

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
You could try a DVI-VGA adapter, some cards used to come with them. That should eliminate the banding. If not it could be the monitor, although when I googled your monitor, it appears to be IPS so it's doubtful.

Skaterkid5050

Reputable
Jun 28, 2014

I tried with the one who comes with the graphic card, and the banding its still there. And yes the monitor its an IPS.
The strange thing is that i can play PS4 without any banding.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
Did you install a color profile for the monitor? You can google your monitor model, I know it's an LG 23MP65, but I don't know the rest, it could be the HQ or HQ-P so I can't link you to the exact one. But the drivers on LG's site have the ICM file for Windows Color Management.

That's the only other thing I can find for color issues.

To keep windows from losing the calibration once the profile is installed, follow this guide.
http://www.laszlopusztai.net/2009/08/23/stop-losing-display-calibration-with-windows-7/

Skaterkid5050

Reputable
Jun 28, 2014

LG 23mp65 HQ, and i didn't install color profiles.
about the guide link i didn't need to change anything because all was already set.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
http://www.lg.com/ae/support-product/lg-23MP65HQ#

Under Software downloads pick either of the driver downloads. Once saved to your computer and extracted, right click on this file and select install
7R6MME.png

Yours might not have the .icm extension shown as windows default setting is to hide extensions. Which is why I included the screenshot.

Skaterkid5050

Reputable
Jun 28, 2014

o_O banding reduced a little bit, but still there.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
<light hearted joke> I guess it could just be those darned AMD drivers</light hearted joke>

Though in AMD's defense, My Nvidia drivers by default make my secondary monitor's(via HDMI) colors look horrible(washed out) without a registry tweak, with no current way to fix it in the drivers.

Have you tried previous versions of the drivers?

Solution

Skaterkid5050

Reputable
Jun 28, 2014

Yeah, i've tried and stilll the same.
Recently ive noticed some banding while playing PS4, Now i think that is a monitor problem.
Guess i have to deal with it until i have money for a new monitor.

Thanks a lot for your help Bro!!

BPC is bits per color, it's a value that pertains to your display panel's Color Depth in bits. Most TN panels are 6 bit, most TVs 8 bit, and a lot of new monitors and some TVs are 10 bit, or even 12 bit now.

What is confusing me is CCC's Color Depth value defaults to 10 for my Panasonic TC-L32U3, which I'm fairly sure is just 8 bit. I've been trying to find a tech review source to verify that, but have come up empty.

I also know of no software tool that detects your display's color depth, or whether having CCC set to a value higher than it is causes any harm or performance issues. This may just be CCC having slight detection problems.

I've read some forum chat that was posted shortly after CCC started supporting 10 bit panels, and it indicates the values are supposed to be greyed out if your display cannot match it, so I don't know, maybe this TV is actually 10 bit. I'd be shocked as hell if it was though.

TRENDING THREADS