why can't i connect my kindle to the internet?

ccpmaple

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
I just got a kindle for my birthday and I couldn't connect it to the Wi-Fi. I can use the Wi-Fi with my computer, I-Pad and all the other things but I couldn't connect my kindle to Wi-Fi. I've tried everything. I know my Wi-Fi's password and I've tried advanced and it didn't work. I really don't want to do it manually. I've tried the suggestions on this website and others but none of them work. Help plz?

Solution
"I really don't want to do it manually"

Not sure what you mean by that. The only manual part involved is entering the wireless key and tapping 'OK'.
That's all I had to do on my wife's Kindle. Some suggestions:

1) Take your Kindle nearer to the router and try again.
2) Change the router's wireless channel from 'Auto' to 'Manual", then set it to channel 10, 11 or 12.
3) Temporarily disable wireless encryption so no password is required, does it connect now?
"I really don't want to do it manually"

Not sure what you mean by that. The only manual part involved is entering the wireless key and tapping 'OK'.
That's all I had to do on my wife's Kindle. Some suggestions:

1) Take your Kindle nearer to the router and try again.
2) Change the router's wireless channel from 'Auto' to 'Manual", then set it to channel 10, 11 or 12.
3) Temporarily disable wireless encryption so no password is required, does it connect now?

Solution

stillblue

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
Turn on Kindle
Go to settings
turn on antenna ie, where it says airplane mode it should be OFF. Airplane mode means no connection so it has to be off
wifi networks. You should now see your network listed, join it and add key/passphrase as needed.
You should now see a little bar graph indicator up top showing signal strength.

horpy

Reputable
Sep 14, 2014
For my "Kindle 3"(B00A) I had to modify the access point settings
1. change channel from 'Auto' to 'Manual'
2. turn off 802.11n support

Then it worked like a charm.

jagumu

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014

I was having the same issue, but what horpy and phillip share below worked for me and now I am connected. Thanks!