Question Why cant i connect to the internet.

Jun 15, 2019
Hi.

I recently built my pc using
Gpu: Asus Rtx 2080
Mobo: asus rog strix b450-f gaming
RAM: Vengence 2x 8gb
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x

And the pc refuses to connect to the ethernet internet connection. When i go to device manager the adapter isn't even visable.
Neither can i see it by looking in the adapter options in the network&internet tab.

i have all the drivers downloaded by transfering them all manually from my old pc which doesnt have any network problems.

I've updated the bios and everything else is in order. The only reacurring issue is the internet connection.

When i have done a power cycle on the pc
The internet works for max 10 minutes then the connection disapears and a yellow triangle appears on my network adapter in the device manager.

The troubleshoot says that there is two problems.
"the intel R I211 gigabit network connection is experiencing driver or hardware related problems"
And
"The default gateway is not avalible"

Even after i uninstall the network adapter from the device manager the problem remains.

I made a factory reset later and re installed all the drivers to see if any of the files may have been damaged after transfering them to my pc.

But to no avail the problem stands. If anyone has any tips or know anything that might help please do respond.
I tried to be as informative as possible hopefully someone can make some sense out all of this

thomas123321

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013
Okay try this, check if you can share your phones internet through usb tethering, if it works and the computer is getting internet from your phone, roll back the driver for the intel network connection in device manager and then open this-
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

It will first ask you to install its software, then open up the link again and it will start scanning for all intel related products on your system, download the ones for you network and install and see of this helps.

Is very simple.

An ethernet Network Adapter must exists under DEVICE MANAGER. If there is a yellow circle over it means it NEEDS A DRIVER. W10 demands a driver that is W10 specific, u cannot use XP/W7 blah-blah driver. Drivers should be obtained from the Mobo's vendor and nowhere else.

Jun 15, 2019
Okay try this, check if you can share your phones internet through usb tethering, if it works and the computer is getting internet from your phone, roll back the driver for the intel network connection in device manager and then open this-
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

It will first ask you to install its software, then open up the link again and it will start scanning for all intel related products on your system, download the ones for you network and install and see of this helps.

Thanks for the quick response. I downloaded the software and it did scan my pc. It says that there isnt any software updates avalible even if it doesnt appear in the software list on the pc. Its like it doesnt exist on the pc and the intel support thing doesntn react to it.

When i loose connection after doing a power cycle the drivers vanish if i dont keep the device manager open before it happens.

The whole situation very strange the network speed when i use my ethernet is amazing but then all of a sudden it disconnects and disapears into thin air.

When i keep the device manager open when the ethernet disconnect, the driver is still visible only thing that changes is that there is a yellow triangle on the symbol.
No matter what i do when the ethernet connection is lost seems to matter. I tried rolling the driver back and resetting the pc, but still the problem remains.
I tried to rewtart my router aswell to see if it made any differance.

Jun 15, 2019
Is very simple.

An ethernet Network Adapter must exists under DEVICE MANAGER. If there is a yellow circle over it means it NEEDS A DRIVER. W10 demands a driver that is W10 specific, u cannot use XP/W7 blah-blah driver. Drivers should be obtained from the Mobo's vendor and nowhere else.

Yep, i got all the drivers from the asus mobo driver page. I tried using the disc that contained all the drivers aswell and then updating the driver but the both seemed to have the same issue.(i believe they were the same version)

The issue was that when i lost the ethernet connection the driver just dissapeared from the device manager. Unless i keept it open before loosing the connection.

But when i loose the connection the symbol has a yellow triangle. And so far i havent found a way to regain connection without doing a whole power cycle.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2019
Where did you get the Intel 211drivers? From the Asus website -- https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/..._I211_UWD_TP_W10_64_VER12151841_20190306R.zip ?
Yes i think i got the same driver that you linked.

But when i to run the setup.exe
And it requests permission to make chnge on the pc nothing happens, no program opens up or any indication that the driver is downloaded.

This happened with the other LAN drivers i downloaded to my pc too so that might be the reason it keeps disconnecting but im not sure cause it says that i have a driver from 2019 in the device manager.

Jun 15, 2019
I have made some progress, I was able to get a stable WIFI connection by temporarily using my phone to internet share and downloading "Easy drive"

I was able to see that my Network wifi adapter was outdated, I updated the adapter and now I can use my the internet on the pc consistently.
Although the speed is BAD I get around 20 Mbits per second in download speed.

And the Ethernet is still not working unless I do a power cycle when it works for maybe 10 minutes.

When running the "Easy drive" the Ethernet driver shows up and doesn't need an update. I can see the network adapter in the device manager now but it keeps saying that it runs into a problem when it tries to start (Code 10)

Maybe my ethernet adapter isn't compatible with the new Windows 10 updates.
Any feedback or help is appreciated, Have never really used one of these forums but I'm hoping it works well.

Jun 15, 2019
With all the weirdness you are having, was this a new OS install or did you reuse a previous windows install?

It's a new windows 10 64bit disc that I downloaded to a flash drive and inserted it to the new PC.
All the hardware is also brand new.

Could this have to do with the Hardware? I am pretty sure I have everything that's needed in the PC but I might have missed something?

I've been able to get some progress now, It seems like the Internet driver is okay but the new issue is that there seems to be something with the cable or IP configuration.

on the bottom right corner of ther screen, you see the Network and sharing center. Displaying that it keeps trying to identify the ethernet connection.

above you can see the Network and internet tab. That is saying that the Connection to the ethernet is unidentified but still connected and not receiving any internet

And to the left the internet adapter options are visible. There you can see that I have a wifi connection after updating the ASUS USB N13's drivers. although it's old and gives a slow internet connection. The PC keeps trying to connect to the ethernet cable but it says that it's unidentified and when it tries to identify the connection it disconnects and repeats trying to identify.

And to the left of the Adapter options, The Device manager is visible The driver seems to be working fine even after re-opening it and scanning for hardware changes.

Thanks in advance!
On the Troubleshoot it says that the Ethernet cable might be damaged, But I doubt that cause I have been using two different cables and both of them give the same result, (Both the cables are fairly new as well)

And the second problem found by the troubleshooting says the IP configuration is the problem