[SOLVED] Why can't I find a 6pin fan connector?

Mar 23, 2020
Hello, in February I've bought 4x6pin fans. They are 6pin and I can't find any connectors for them. I think I will have to buy new fans but I want to find the connector to them. Thank you.

Solution
From what I can fin inter tech only sells them in kits(fans+ controller) or with some of their cases, then you can buy just the fans to add to it. The fans you bought were meant to be add-ons to these. So to get the controller you'll need to fin a kit that comes with the controller or buy a case that has the controller. You might be able to contact Inter tech and buy just the controller from them, likely best to contact them anyway to find out which controller you need anyway.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I use postimages.org. You upload the picture to it, scroll down to 'hotlink for forums', hit the file button then just paste the link here.

6pin fans are not the 'norm' even for rgb. You'll probably find they either connect to a specific case controller or hub. Using the larger pinout does cut down wiring to a single connector, but universal rgb uses a 4pin connector and fans use a 3 or 4 pin connector.

Unless you have a motherboard or case capability for rgb, or a remote control for a hub, those fans will be somewhat useless. If you do, there are adapters that'll split the 6pin to 2x 4pin, one for fans and one for rgb.

Which unfortunately can make the entire cost either the same or even more expensive than some decent rgb fans.

Mar 23, 2020
I liked when you said that there is an adapter for them. I don't know where I could find them-should I just search fan adapters? I will 4 of the adapters. Otherwise I will have to sell these fans or throw them away and buy new ones. Thank for your help though.

bignastyid

Titan
From what I can fin inter tech only sells them in kits(fans+ controller) or with some of their cases, then you can buy just the fans to add to it. The fans you bought were meant to be add-ons to these. So to get the controller you'll need to fin a kit that comes with the controller or buy a case that has the controller. You might be able to contact Inter tech and buy just the controller from them, likely best to contact them anyway to find out which controller you need anyway.

Solution
Mar 23, 2020
Thank you so much, that's what I'll do