[SOLVED] Why can't I find my gpu in device manager?

Jan 12, 2019
Recently I bought a Dell Optiplex 790 Small Form Factor and decided to add a Gtx 750 ti to it...
Unfortunately, I made the mistake of buying it off of eBay and got a fake one delivered.
This is the link for the GPU: http://
I decided to install it anyway but after booting up I couldn't seem to find the Graphics card in the device manager. I tried everything, I updated the bios, updated to Windows 10, disabled the integrated graphics, tried downloading the drivers, switching to another PCI slot, but nothing seemed to work. The fan turns on when I turn on the pc so I know it's getting power. Can anybody help me?

Solution
Here is a list of things to try.
1- Your computer has a UEFI BIOS. If the GPU is not UEFI than you need to change some settings in the BIOS. Turn off Secure Boot, and look for Legacy Compatability Mode and turn it on.
2- Boot into Safe Mode (F8) with the old GPU. Create a System Restore point, and then remove the old GPU drivers. Install the new GPUand boot into Safe Mode with Internet. Install the new drivers. Some driver need Windows to install but it should run at the Safe Mode resolution until they're installed.
I looked at the link you provided and the tipoff ( not that everyone would know this) is that a GTX750Ti is a 128 bit card, not 192 bit. So honesty is not what's hapeneing there. I hope you can get it to work at some level.
Here is a list of things to try.
1- Your computer has a UEFI BIOS. If the GPU is not UEFI than you need to change some settings in the BIOS. Turn off Secure Boot, and look for Legacy Compatability Mode and turn it on.
2- Boot into Safe Mode (F8) with the old GPU. Create a System Restore point, and then remove the old GPU drivers. Install the new GPUand boot into Safe Mode with Internet. Install the new drivers. Some driver need Windows to install but it should run at the Safe Mode resolution until they're installed.
I looked at the link you provided and the tipoff ( not that everyone would know this) is that a GTX750Ti is a 128 bit card, not 192 bit. So honesty is not what's hapeneing there. I hope you can get it to work at some level.

Solution