[SOLVED] Why cant I get a consistent 144 frames on Fortnite?

Pochurito

Reputable
Jan 23, 2016
As the title explained I can't get consistent frames on Fortnite and many buildings look unrendered and blobby. I have a GTX 1070 ti and an i5 3570k overclocked to 4.0 ghz

For some further info I play the game on all low settings, I have an 144 Hz monitor and I do have my hertz set to 144 and my GPU drivers are up to date so I am just confused as to why I can't get the consistent frames.

Solution
Is the monitor hooked up to the GPU? Common mistake to hook it up to motherboard. Latest drivers, from Nvidia? Try higher settings, and see if your FPS changes any. Your CPU might be holding you back. Going lower graphics settings, is just going to put more stress, on the CPU.

logainofhades

Titan
Is the monitor hooked up to the GPU? Common mistake to hook it up to motherboard. Latest drivers, from Nvidia? Try higher settings, and see if your FPS changes any. Your CPU might be holding you back. Going lower graphics settings, is just going to put more stress, on the CPU.

Solution

Pochurito

Reputable
Jan 23, 2016
Yeah, the monitor is hooked up to the GPU, and higher settings don't really have an effect the buildings still look unrendered. Also, when I'm on the island my game is fine but as I land onto the BR map my frames go down.

TRENDING THREADS