[SOLVED] Why can't i get a signal if i turn the PC on before the TV.

Jan 31, 2020
I use a TV as a monitor via HDMI connection plugged directly into GPU. Everything works perfectly fine except for when booting on the PC before turning on the TV. If i turn the TV on first the PC works fine but if i turn the PC on first then turn the TV on it displays no signal. I tried unplugging HDMI and plugging it back in on both sides that doesn't work. I even tried to plug the HDMI into a different TV after it says no signal and it still has no picture. Its as if the PC gives out one signal on startup but if nothing is on to catch that signal it goes dead. Is there anyway to fix this so i don't have to turn on my TV first? Thanks.

Solution
No both PC and TV are very new. But never mind i figured it out, turns out my GPU (Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080) has 3 HDMI ports but only 1 of the ports has a signal that's always on/projecting. The other two ports will give out the signal once when the PC turns on but if nothing is on to recieve that signal the signal dies/won't project out of those ports anymore until a reboot of the PC. I'm assuming the one port that always works is the master port and the other two are for secondary displays etc. Anyways problem solved.
Jan 31, 2020
No both PC and TV are very new. But never mind i figured it out, turns out my GPU (Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080) has 3 HDMI ports but only 1 of the ports has a signal that's always on/projecting. The other two ports will give out the signal once when the PC turns on but if nothing is on to recieve that signal the signal dies/won't project out of those ports anymore until a reboot of the PC. I'm assuming the one port that always works is the master port and the other two are for secondary displays etc. Anyways problem solved.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS