Question Why can't I install Nvidia drivers?

Oct 20, 2020
I was recently trying to install the latest nvidia driver through geforce experience, and every time I tried I would get a message saying that the install failed. I have done this numerous times before but have never had this error. So I tried again using "Custom Installation" and did a clean install and it failed again. For some reason the "Sleep" option (when you press the windows key and click on power) is now gone as well? So now geforce experience is not on my desktop and I tried installing the driver from nvidia's website and I get the same error. I can't really play any games now because I guess I don't really have any of the drivers anymore so my framerate is horrible. I can't even start up certain games like CSGO anymore. Does anyone know what might be causing my problems and how I might go about fixing it?
I looked this up on google already and someone suggested to turn off antivirus/windows defender and try again but this didn't fix it.

Oct 20, 2020
Go into Device Manager, expand Display Adapters, and double-click the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB to bring up the properties. Click on the Driver tab.

What does it currently say for Driver Date and Driver Version?

-Wolf sends

I don't actually see the Display Adapters anywhere in the Device Manager

Wolfshadw

Titan
You're not seeing it?
See example below:

maxresdefault.jpg

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
ok. Try this:

In the Windows search, enter "devmgmt.msc".
You should see that listed under Command Console. Right-click that option and select "Run as administrator".

Now see if you can see Display Adapters listed in Device Manager.

-Wolf sends

Oct 20, 2020
ok. Try this:

In the Windows search, enter "devmgmt.msc".
You should see that listed under Command Console. Right-click that option and select "Run as administrator".

Now see if you can see Display Adapters listed in Device Manager.

-Wolf sends

It still doesn't show up unfortunately

Oct 20, 2020
Don't.

Download the drivers directly from nvidia's support website.
Don't worry about the card not showing up on Device Manager, it won't until, well, it has the drivers installed.

It's weird though because when I try to install it from nvidia's website I get the same "NVIDIA Installer failed" message