Question Why can't i install windows 7 OS properlly in a laptop?

paolitros

Prominent
May 7, 2018
So my brother asked me to format his laptop's HDD (intel i7 4th gen, acer aspire V, WD blue 1TB HDD), so i did that, and then he asked me to install an OS (he was using windows 8 and wanted win10). So i tried installing windows 10 by using a usb boot drive key i created with microsoft's official software, but after installing, the laptop reboots and it takes me all the way back to the first installation screen. Then y tried rebooting and unplugging the boot key while the laptop reboots, i was able to register a name, email adress and time zone in windows 10, but then before i got to windows desktop the computer froze, and it kept freezing every time i rebooted. I tried getting the OS ready to use by removing the HDD and plugging it into my dektop, and it went perfectly, but when i reinstalled the HDD in the laptop it still froze when booting. Then i tried installing windows 7 ultimate using a usb key i created with rufus and a sketchy windows 7 ISO i found on a random page (scanned it with norton 360 tho), and it went right, so i can go to windows desktop, but now the laptop doesn't seem to be able to search for (and less to connect to) wifi signals. I'm tired of trying to fix this by myself, please help :( I will proceed to try another windows 7 ISO and then if that doesn't work either, i'll try with windows 8, but any help is welcome. Thanks for reading.

RealBeast

Titan
No comment on the sketchy Windows version, other than recommending honestly obtained OS versions.

That said, any install is going to require drivers for wireless, LAN, video, chipset, etc. that you can download from the laptop manufacturer website.

And since the machine in question cannot connect, you will need to download them with another computer and transfer them with a USB stick.

paolitros

Prominent
May 7, 2018
No comment on the sketchy Windows version, other than recommending honestly obtained OS versions.

That said, any install is going to require drivers for wireless, LAN, video, chipset, etc. that you can download from the laptop manufacturer website.

And since the machine in question cannot connect, you will need to download them with another computer and transfer them with a USB stick.
Thank you very much, i can't believe that i forgot that drivers were a thing :) hahaha, i'll try to find the drivers and install them.