Question Why can't I Jump Start my MOBO?

Aug 21, 2022
Hey y'all, you can call me Q

I have a quick question, what are some particular reasons a MOBO won't jump start even if there is power being routed through it?

For some context, I have a new MOBO, PSU and Case. Was in the process of transferring everything over and I turned on the MOBO to see that it does have power running through it (hence the RGB lights fluctuating like it does on this particular model). I cannot, however, jump start the MOBO no matter what. (tried using screw driver and paper clip). The only thing that seems to react is when I reset the CMOS and the lights turn off for a brief second.

To specify, this MOBO has Q-led which is extremely helpful in the boot process but the MOBO is in a "sleeping" state so I cannot get to the boot sequence at all.

Any advice on how to navigate this situation?

Here are my specs:

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X
Cooler - NZXT Kraken Z63
MOBO - ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wi-Fi
RAM - G. Skill Trident Z RGB 2 x 16GB
Storage - Samsung 860 EVO (500 GB) and Samsung 970 EVO Plus (2TB) SSD
Graphics - 2070 Super Founders Edition
Case Fans - NZXT Aer 2 RGB Fans (x4)
Fan Controller - NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Here are my specs:

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X
Cooler - NZXT Kraken Z63
MOBO - ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wi-Fi
RAM - G. Skill Trident Z RGB 2 x 16GB
Storage - Samsung 860 EVO (500 GB) and Samsung 970 EVO Plus (2TB) SSD
Graphics - 2070 Super Founders Edition
Case Fans - NZXT Aer 2 RGB Fans (x4)
Fan Controller - NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

Your specs list is missing the most important component in the PC - PSU.

So, PSU make and model (or part number) is? Also, how old the PSU is, and was the PSU bought new or used/refurbished?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Was in the process of transferring everything over and I turned on the MOBO to see that it does have power running through it (hence the RGB lights fluctuating like it does on this particular model).

At which point you powered on the MoBo, to "test" it?

--

As of what might have happened, something died within your PC. One of the following, or all of them, are dead: CPU, MoBo, RAM, GPU, PSU.
My main 2 suspects would be MoBo and PSU. And while RMx is good quality, there can be lemons, even among the best.

Here, you need 2nd, compatible PC, where to test those components out individually, to find which ones died. Or haul your PC to PC repair shop and let them do it.