Question why cant i make a new simple partition wi over 118gb of unallocated space

Oct 1, 2020
so I got a new laptop and it had room for a second drive so I put my SSD in from my previous laptop. so this SSD was already split into 2 partitions I think do to something similar . but i no longer needed windows 10 or anything on that partition and I know I cant extend backwards. but I'm wondering why i cant even create a new partition with the 118GB of unallocated space. and if someone could also tell me how to upload a screen capture then ill post the picture of it

Lutfij

Titan
First off, if you want your SSD to last long and also perform well, you should let it work off of one partition. If the SSD is used for the OS, then all the other partitions made by the OS are discounted. You might want to shoot us a screenshot of what you're seeing in Disk Manager. I'm suspecting that the OS is booting off the SSD and not the drive the laptop came with originally. Also, make and model of your laptop and it's BIOS version?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
You can upload an image to imgur or imgbb and link (or embed) it here.

You should be able to create a new partition from unallocated space, so something is amiss.
If it's an old drive with no need for the Windows partition (or any data on it), you could just format the entire drive.

Oct 1, 2020
link link 2t here's the link t0 the pic
disk 1 no longer has a operating system it was on what is now unallocated and the rest has all my steam games which if i can avoid it i don't want to delete because it took 3 days straight to install them and while i wish i could extend it i know i cant without deleting it so right now i just want to create a new volume then maybe i could transfer everything to that one and the other drive and extend it that way but i still don't understand what's not allowing me to create a new partition. also i am un able to delete the helthy recovery idk if that is able to be deleted or not but if it is supposed to be able to then i cant i also added the message it gives me every time i try to. and my laptop is a nitro 5 but the SSD is mine which is a Samsung 950 evo i believe.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020
oh and while trying to solve this problem i ran into another problem on my drive 0 . so i was trying to install easeus to see if it would help because i saw it recommended on another form. so i downloaded it but i got the wrong version and so i deleted it and re installed the right version but when i when to install it it said that a previous version already exists and so i looked and it showed up under the add or remove programes but when i clicked uninstall it gave me a message saying it could find anything in that directory so if you cant tell iv been haveing a really rough day i even went to the registry editor and it didnt show up under the uninstall file
Link

Oct 1, 2020
You can upload an image to imgur or imgbb and link (or embed) it here.

You should be able to create a new partition from unallocated space, so something is amiss.
If it's an old drive with no need for the Windows partition (or any data on it), you could just format the entire drive.
did you get the pictures

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
but what about the unallocated space

Because the unallocated space is 'before' (to the left) of current partitions, it's not straightforward to make a partition with it, nor to merge it into the existing partition. It can be done, but it's a pain.

Is there anything/much on the 328GB partition? If not, just back up what's needed and format the drive, then create your partition(s).

Oct 1, 2020
Because the unallocated space is 'before' (to the left) of current partitions, it's not straightforward to make a partition with it, nor to merge it into the existing partition. It can be done, but it's a pain.

Is there anything/much on the 328GB partition? If not, just back up what's needed and format the drive, then create your partition(s).
the other partition is almost full of all my games so id rather not but if i have to i can but if there is another way id prefer to at least give it a shot. and I'm curious if you have any idea why i cant download the easeus software like I've gone everywhere to try and uninstall it and everything i check says its uninstalled there's no files remaining and yet it still says its on my pc

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
the other partition is almost full of all my games so id rather not but if i have to i can but if there is another way id prefer to at least give it a shot
Any time you mess with partitions on a physical drive, you need an actual backup. Just in case things go wrong.
And if you have a full backup of the data...just delete ALL partitions make one big one, and copy the data back.

There is no 100% safe way to do what you want. There is always a risk.

Reactions: Barty1884
Oct 1, 2020
Any time you mess with partitions on a physical drive, you need an actual backup. Just in case things go wrong.
And if you have a full backup of the data...just delete ALL partitions make one big one, and copy the data back.

There is no 100% safe way to do what you want. There is always a risk.
have any of you ever used easeus it a partition manager which i feel like could help me do it except for the problem i ran into of it apparently still being on my computer even though i have deleted every file existing of it. and even if i do just have to delete the data i would still like to figure this problem out like iv even ran vires checks and cleaning software for any temp files i might have missed and according to my pc it is both there and not there so if while i understand imp probable going to have to start over with my drive 1 is there something i can do to fix this problem because this problem is on my main drive.(drive 0 in the pics)

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
have any of you ever used easeus it a partition manager which i feel like could help me do it except for the problem i ran into of it apparently still being on my computer even though i have deleted every file existing of it
I've used various partition managers.
And always always always with a known good backup of any data I did not wish to lose.

Reactions: Barty1884
Oct 1, 2020
I've used various partition managers.
And always always always with a known good backup of any data I did not wish to lose.
yes i understand that and my data is partially backed up but that not currently the issue so let me start from the beginning of this part i downloaded a version of easeus which is the partition manager but it turns out i downloaded the wrong version so i deleted it (or so i thought ) and then i downloaded the new version (the correct version) and while trying to install it says it is already installed and i have to uninstall the previous versions of it so i check and the only place i cant get it to stop showing up is in the add/remove programs list and when i click uninstall i get the message saying the path doesn't exist and so i went regedit command and went through the folders till i got to uninstall and i didn't even see the file there

link (this is the message i get when trying to click the uninstall under add or remomve)

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
Your easeus tool not working is a whole different thing.
You can't "uninstall", because you deleted some or most of the files outside the normal Add/Remove process.
The registry entries still exist.

But even with a perfectly functioning and properly installed tool...the backup thing is needed. Not a partial.
But...it's YOUR data, not mine.

Oct 1, 2020
Your easeus tool not working is a whole different thing.
You can't "uninstall", because you deleted some or most of the files outside the normal Add/Remove process.
The registry entries still exist.

But even with a perfectly functioning and properly installed tool...the backup thing is needed. Not a partial.
But...it's YOUR data, not mine.
i only have a partial of the things i need the rest i can just re download off stem iv excepted that fact but the tool file is there a way to finish uninstalling it and i understand i cant with the drive because i deleted the uninstall.exe because i forgot windows 10 is stupid and you have to go to the un install page but tis there a way to fix this so i can install easeus

USAFRet

Titan
i only have a partial of the things i need the rest i can just re download off stem iv excepted that fact but the tool file is there a way to finish uninstalling it
If you can recover from your backup, or download again, you don't need that tool.

You can do it all from Disk Management.
Simply DELETE all partitions on that drive, leaving one blank space.
New partition, new volume, format, and give it a drive letter.
Copy your data back.

Oct 1, 2020
If you can recover from your backup, or download again, you don't need that tool.

You can do it all from Disk Management.
Simply DELETE all partitions on that drive, leaving one blank space.
New partition, new volume, format, and give it a drive letter.
Copy your data back.
ya i know but i do want that tool for other things and it is still a problem i would like to solve because i use it for other things to so if you guys know of a way to fix it id appreciate it i know how to fix my drive without it but i would still like to have it

Oct 1, 2020
So we've morphed from fixing the partitions to fixing your EaseUS install.

What happens, exactly, if you try to install it again?
if i try to install the same exact version it asks if i want to reinstall it and so i click yes and it says its downloading and installing and then it just quits and nothing new is installed and if i try to download the updated version it says easeus is already installed and what i made the mistake of doing is i deleted all the files without going to the add or remove programs settings and in doing so i deleted the uninstall.exe file so know the only place i can find any remanence of the file is in the add/or remove program files and when i click uninstall it says the directory cant be found which i understand cuz i did delete it my question is how do i finish the uninstall without it all

Oct 1, 2020
also real quick my other drive which i decided to format still has the healthy recovery partition right in the middle of the other 2 partitions and the only thing that comes up when i right click is help