Question Why can't I move the quick launch divider line

Nov 14, 2019
My Task Bar is unlocked and the quick launch divider line is visible. The move arrows appear when I hover over the divider line but when I click it and try to move it it doesn't move. Any one have any ideas what to do? Thanks a bunch.

Nov 14, 2019
The recommended 1920 x 1080. A few weeks ago I was able to resize the quick launch taskbar by dragging the divider line. Best I know I haven't made any changes to my PC since then that may have caused me to not be able to change the size of the quick launch task bar. Thanks for any help you can provide, larsnavy

Nov 14, 2019
Well I removed the quick Launch toolbar then reinstalled it. Unfortunatly when you install the QL toolbar it always installs on the right side of the task bar. And, even though the divider line is present, I can't drag it to the left. I'm going to try a sfc /scannow and see if that might fix it, or maybe someone may have a better idea. Thanks, laesnavy

Nov 14, 2019
Well sfc /scannow didn't fix not being able to resize the QL toolbar. But a restore point did get the QL toolbar back on the left side with my QL icons. Anyone with any ideas why I can't resize my QL toolbar? Would be greatly appriciated. Thanks, larsnavy

Nov 14, 2019
Never was able to resize the QL toolbar so I restored to an earlier disk image. This worked but I had a lot of programs to update. Guess I'll never know why I couldn't resize the QL toolbar. Thanks to those that tried to help. larsnavy

I haven't seen QL dividing line with Windows 10. I just drag and drop programs on to the task bar and they stack up without needing to move a line make room for them. IOW, with the exception of the processes showing on the right side, the rest of the task bar is a QL bar.