[SOLVED] Why cant i overclock my RAM in my bios?

May 4, 2020
Hi, i have a G10AJ ASUS pc.. I have just recently bought two HyperX Fury ram (2x4gb 1600mhz) and when i check my CPU-Z it only rund 800 mhz (half of what it should) And when i enter my bios to overclock it, i dont have a EZ-mode option or any place where it is possible to overclock my ram.
Any idea how to get the mode or know whats wrong?

Solution
Before i had one 8gb stick in with 1600 mhz and that ran 800 mhz in speccy. Shouldnt i then run 1600 mhz when i put two in?
Or am i just confused by your answer?
maybe just a bit confused.lol.when you add ram,just as you did,you increase the quantity of the ram.in other words adding the 8 gb to the ram you have(8mb)will increase your ram quantity to 16gb.note that this is quantity not speed.this is where your are getting confused.ram speed (in mhz) will not be changed as you are adding quantity,not speed.so to read 800mhz (speed)is normal as it will read half the speed of the ram (mhz).just gotta keep speed and quantity seperate in your mind.lol
May 4, 2020
the ram is ddr (dual data rate)thus cpuz will only show half of the ram frequency.it is in fact 1600 ram frequency.

no that is wrong.2x1600mb of ram ads up to 3200mb (not megahertz).you are confusing ram quantity with frequency.
Before i had one 8gb stick in with 1600 mhz and that ran 800 mhz in speccy. Shouldnt i then run 1600 mhz when i put two in?

maybe just a bit confused.lol.when you add ram,just as you did,you increase the quantity of the ram.in other words adding the 8 gb to the ram you have(8mb)will increase your ram quantity to 16gb.note that this is quantity not speed.this is where your are getting confused.ram speed (in mhz) will not be changed as you are adding quantity,not speed.so to read 800mhz (speed)is normal as it will read half the speed of the ram (mhz).just gotta keep speed and quantity seperate in your mind.lol

Solution