Why can't I paste into youtube comments on firefox?

1N07

Honorable
Feb 26, 2014
I don't know when this happened, but today I noticed that I cannot paste text into youtube comments on firefox. It still works just fine on Chrome. I tried to use an addon to copy plain text only, but that didn't help, nor have I ever needed it before.

What I mean is: When I press "paste" either by right clicking or CTRL+V, nothing happens. I can otherwise paste just fine to anywhere else, just not into youtube comments...

Is this google's latest monopoly trick or something, or what is going on?

UPDATE:
I re-installed windows a while back and when I ran into this problem again, I decided to find a better fix.

Here
Don't touch the firefox about:config page. This way any other functionality dom.event.clipboardevents provides doesn't break.

OP by GrayFace on the mozilla support site:
Here's a selective fix for YouTube: https://greasyfork.org/en/script/12433-fix-paste-on-youtube You need to install Scriptish or Greasemonkey first.

pcdude234

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015
I have a fix. go to your address bar and type "about:config" no quotes,
and then hit the "i'll be careful, I promise" button, next type "dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled"
then double click it, so the value is false. And that should do the trick.

pcdude234

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015
I have a fix. go to your address bar and type "about:config" no quotes,
and then hit the "i'll be careful, I promise" button, next type "dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled"
then double click it, so the value is false. And that should do the trick.

1N07

Honorable
Feb 26, 2014

Awesome. Thanks, that worked. :p

MikeO89

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
That's not a good solution cause changing that in about:config will mess up pasting in some other websites (like Facebook). It's a Google screw up in Youtube. A workaround right now is to post something in Youtube and click Edit, then you will be able to paste.

rimmy13

Reputable
Dec 17, 2015
Please try to refresh your firefox. if it is still not working please factory restore settings of firefox and reconfigure it. this will start working fine.

1N07

Honorable
Feb 26, 2014
I re-installed windows a while back and when I ran into this problem again, I decided to find a better fix.

Here
Don't touch the firefox about:config page. This way any other functionality dom.event.clipboardevents provides doesn't break.

OP by GrayFace on the mozilla support site:
Here's a selective fix for YouTube: https://greasyfork.org/en/script/12433-fix-paste-on-youtube You need to install Scriptish or Greasemonkey first.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Windows 10 1

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS