Why can't I paste into youtube comments on firefox?

1N07

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2014
I don't know when this happened, but today I noticed that I cannot paste text into youtube comments on firefox. It still works just fine on Chrome. I tried to use an addon to copy plain text only, but that didn't help, nor have I ever needed it before.

What I mean is: When I press "paste" either by right clicking or CTRL+V, nothing happens. I can otherwise paste just fine to anywhere else, just not into youtube comments...

Is this google's latest monopoly trick or something, or what is going on?

UPDATE:
I re-installed windows a while back and when I ran into this problem again, I decided to find a better fix.

Here
Don't touch the firefox about:config page. This way any other functionality dom.event.clipboardevents provides doesn't break.

OP by GrayFace on the mozilla support site:
Here's a selective fix for YouTube: https://greasyfork.org/en/script/12433-fix-paste-on-youtube You need to install Scriptish or Greasemonkey first.

Solution
I have a fix. go to your address bar and type "about:config" no quotes,
and then hit the "i'll be careful, I promise" button, next type "dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled"
then double click it, so the value is false. And that should do the trick.

pcdude234

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2015
I have a fix. go to your address bar and type "about:config" no quotes,
and then hit the "i'll be careful, I promise" button, next type "dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled"
then double click it, so the value is false. And that should do the trick.

Solution

1N07

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2014

Awesome. Thanks, that worked. :p

MikeO89

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
That's not a good solution cause changing that in about:config will mess up pasting in some other websites (like Facebook). It's a Google screw up in Youtube. A workaround right now is to post something in Youtube and click Edit, then you will be able to paste.

1N07

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2014
I re-installed windows a while back and when I ran into this problem again, I decided to find a better fix.

Here
Don't touch the firefox about:config page. This way any other functionality dom.event.clipboardevents provides doesn't break.

OP by GrayFace on the mozilla support site:
Here's a selective fix for YouTube: https://greasyfork.org/en/script/12433-fix-paste-on-youtube You need to install Scriptish or Greasemonkey first.