Question Why can't I play games with my Zotac 1080ti anymore?

Oct 31, 2020
I have an Zotac 1080ti. A friend gave it to me and he told me that I have to declock it a with a software (using Firestorm) slightly to play games without problems due to some crashing issues occured at card earlier. It's a self clocked gpu card and he thought that it made card problematic and after doing some research online he successfuly fixed it by declocking the mem. and gpu clocks slightly .

I lowered gpu clock -115 and memory clock something like -25 and used it for 6 months without any problems. I played every single new game like Cod:MW, Remnant from the ashes, Assassin's Creed Oddyssey but then I started to notice some heat hitting my arm from the pc case, which had never happened during this 6 month period. I checked the heat regulary but it was maximum at 70 so I thought it shouldn't be a problem at all and it was caused by summer heat waves in my city.

After heat started I used it without any problems (but with heat) for a couple of weeks more, then I tried to play a new game called Hellpoint and it kept crashing also spawning some artifacts at the crashing moment. After that day I was never able to play any games.
If the game is new and have high level graphics like Cod:MW it crashes after 30 seconds the game started, if it's a slightly old game like r6:siege I can play it for 40-45 minutes without any problems but it crashes eventually. Some games like Overwatch doesn't fit in this scenario for they're being not so new and also crashing after 1-2 minutes. Also I never noticed any more artifacts in any game while crashing like the first game Hellpoint.
I also can play old games like CS:GO or Heroes of the Storm without any problems and they don't crash at all.

I tried to format the pc and reinstalling all nvidia drivers but it didn't changed anything at all.

Do you have any suggestions? Can it be a software/update issue or my gpu is dead? While checking aida64 for other specs I just noticed that my bios version is 2 years old can it cause such a problem?

This is the moment of Firestorm screen I captured a 30 min. R6:Siege game crashed. Is there any weird stuff?

Thank you all.

1.png

Other Specs:
Motherboard Asus Prime Z370-P
CPU Intel Core i7-8700, 4300 MHz (43 x 100)
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb
PSU Xigmatek hera gold 850w

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2020
Update 1: When I remove one of my G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb cod mw doesn't even start the game and it crashes at menu.
Maybe this info can be useful.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS