Question Why can't I run apex legends?!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Imnotgoodatcomputers

Commendable
Dec 4, 2016
I have an i5-6600k 3.5gh processor, and a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 3gb Windforce, I can't run the game, is something wrong with my graphics card? Please HELP!!

If you need any more PC specs, let me know!!

Imnotgoodatcomputers

Commendable
Dec 4, 2016
unless you have 4-5 hdds in that build 500w is enough even if its a basic 80+ bronze (and not a complete potato). as the total system draw would be less than 350w with that cpu, gpu an ssd and hdd.

try adjusting the system power settings. see if your on balanced? if so bump it to max performance.

lastly whats your temps?
Ah, I see. I shouldn't be having any problems then with the PSU. Regarding wattage, and energy consumption. Power settings were already at High Performance, and my temps are normal, 35-40 idle and 70-75, in game.

Imnotgoodatcomputers

Commendable
Dec 4, 2016
unless you have 4-5 hdds in that build 500w is enough even if its a basic 80+ bronze (and not a complete potato). as the total system draw would be less than 350w with that cpu, gpu an ssd and hdd.

try adjusting the system power settings. see if your on balanced? if so bump it to max performance.

lastly whats your temps?
Yea it's already selected as High Performance, As long as I have enough than 350w it should be fine. What else could it be ?

Imnotgoodatcomputers

Commendable
Dec 4, 2016

Sav4

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2013
Is apex the only game your having issues with?
Can you screen shot your settings in game and Nvidia control panel?
Edit
I was playing on a 780ti 3gig card but at 1440p it would get glitchy in high intense zones , but mostly smooth and I had to drop a lot of settings down which improved it. The game does have a bug where it lags then slowly improves.
You seem quite certain there is a issue with your psu , do you have a spare or a friend with one you could borrow to test?
I would also run HWinfo and monitor your temps and usage of cpu,gpu and ram .

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS