[SOLVED] Why cant I SCAN wirelessly when I can PRINT wirelessly?

vigilant19

Prominent
Nov 25, 2019
Why cant I SCAN wirelessly when I can PRINT wirelessly?

I use an Arris SBG7600AC2 modem /router and have both the 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz wifi networks operating in my house.

My older EPSON 845 workforce uses only the 2.4Ghz wireless network.

I can PRINT to my Epson 845 from my WIN 7 desktop PC without any printing delay using the WPA2 protocol.

My EPSON 845 requires 12 minutes to display a single page scan when I attempt to scan over my wireless network.

If I REMOVE the WPA2 wireless security mode from the 2.4Ghz network, the scanning happens IMMEDIATELY. But I wont operate my 2.4Ghz without a security password.

Q: How can I scan using my 2.4Ghz wifi using a lesser security protocol on my Arris modem which matches the lower level of security on my Epson845 workforce 4 in 1 multi-function printer? (Arris cant tell me how to downgrade the security protocol setting on my Arris modem).

Thank you.

Solution
Try creating a WiFi hotspot on your phone, where you're in full control of WiFi security, to see whether this will help. Then, consider putting your Arris in Bridge mode (really working as a modem, not a router/gateway), and getting off-the-shelf router which better controls.
Try creating a WiFi hotspot on your phone, where you're in full control of WiFi security, to see whether this will help. Then, consider putting your Arris in Bridge mode (really working as a modem, not a router/gateway), and getting off-the-shelf router which better controls.

Solution