Jul 4, 2019
Hi, i have a geforce gtx 1060 asus expedition oc edition. To install the drivers to this specific gpu i have to go on asus site and download the vga drivers of my graphic card from there. They did a new update to the 430.86 and i downloaded it. But then after download when i attempted installation, during the green loading, screen became black with just cursor to move and produced a usb connection sound.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
That sound you heard is usually the sound it makes when the driver is being loaded for use. Did you wait long enough for the screen to re-appear?

Is this a new driver install (first time) in a new build, or do you have another video card's driver installed?

Jul 4, 2019
That sound you heard is usually the sound it makes when the driver is being loaded for use. Did you wait long enough for the screen to re-appear?

Is this a new driver install (first time) in a new build, or do you have another video card's driver installed?
I waited 2 hours and still nothing, and no its not a new build.

I had a gtx 960 before but i uninstalled all drivers.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Have you tried DDU first? Run it from safe mode* and it will thoroughly remove any traces of video drivers. Remove both AMD (if present) and your Nvidia driver(s). Reboot and try the correct Nvidia driver again.

Be aware; there is the standard and DCH versions of each Nvidia driver. To make matters more confusing, I have found that Nvidia mixes them up sometimes. So try the DCH if you have been updating W10 and have the latest version. If that fails, try the standard version.

* Safe mode boot to DDU can be accomplished inside the program. Go to options and check 'enable safe mode dialog'. Quit and restart DDU. You should have the option to boot restart it in safe mode now.

Reactions: DMAN999
Jul 4, 2019
Have you tried DDU first? Run it from safe mode* and it will thoroughly remove any traces of video drivers. Remove both AMD (if present) and your Nvidia driver(s). Reboot and try the correct Nvidia driver again.

Be aware; there is the standard and DCH versions of each Nvidia driver. To make matters more confusing, I have found that Nvidia mixes them up sometimes. So try the DCH if you have been updating W10 and have the latest version. If that fails, try the standard version.

* Safe mode boot to DDU can be accomplished inside the program. Go to options and check 'enable safe mode dialog'. Quit and restart DDU. You should have the option to boot restart it in safe mode now.
Yes i did all the things mentioned above.

News: i tried install 430.86 driver on the 960 gpu but still same problem so i guess that the issue is not with the gpu but with something else?!

I’m having problems only with 430.86 update.

What do you think?

Jul 4, 2019
Odd. I just updated my 2070 to that driver with no issues. So the Nvidia website drivers fail, but the drivers on the Asus website work?
Btw, this card?
Moreover, i found out that nvdia posted an hotfix for versione 430.86 to a new version 430.97 but its addressed to people who managed to install the 430.86 and faced issues with forza horizon 4 and problems installing 430.64

Jul 4, 2019
Let's start by having you list your system specs.
Which version of W10 are you using? 1809 or the latest 1903?
Motherboard: msi z170 gaming pro
ram: hyperx 16gb 8x2 ddr4
gpu: gtx 1060 oc6gb asus expedition
cpu: i5 6600k
power supply: coolermaster g750m
storage: 1x ssd 250gb + 2x 1tb hdd
windows version: 1809

Jul 4, 2019
I have to leave for awhile. If no one has solved your issue by the time I return, I'll check back in.
I cleaned the reg and checked for issues with malwarebytes but nothing. I tried installing the other 430.64/39 version and errors with both of those.

So the problem is addressed to 430 drivers (the last three ones: 430.86, 430.64, 430.39)

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I did a quick search of 430.xx driver issues, but didn't find much. Seems to be local to your machine.
  1. do you have any issues rolling back to a previous driver?
  2. have you tried installing from safe mode? (I don't know if this actually works) That way if any of your other pgms and apps are the problem, that won't be present.

Jul 4, 2019
I did a quick search of 430.xx driver issues, but didn't find much. Seems to be local to your machine.
  1. do you have any issues rolling back to a previous driver?
  2. have you tried installing from safe mode? (I don't know if this actually works) That way if any of your other pgms and apps are the problem, that won't be present.
Previous versions are completely fine.

I didnt try installing with safe mode, i will asap.

+ could be the fact that i didnt update windows? I have 1809 and im installing 1903 right now.