Question Why can't my Kingston HyperX Predator Ram hit 3200Mhz With MSI B350M Motherboard?

XSlayerAssassinX

Honorable
Dec 5, 2014
Hi, I have an MSI B350M Gaming Pro motherboard paired with Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 RGB Ram 3200Mhz (16 GB) with 2 sticks. I checked my bios which is on the latest firmware, and it only hits 2400Mhz. This is the same outcome with my former Corsair Vengeance Ram 8 GB 3200Mhz i had awhile ago. Am I doing something wrong with my ram or motherboard?? My CPU is overclocked and stable with the "boost" option. I'm using a Ryzen 3600 as well, formerly used a Ryzen 1400 with my old ram and it was the same. I heard Ryzen scales better with fast ram and I imagine im being crippled by my ram right now in terms of FPS. Can someone please assist me on if I have to do something specifically or if my motherboard just sucks?

XSlayerAssassinX

Honorable
Dec 5, 2014
im sorry I forgot to mention I set it to 3200Mhz with the XMP profile, booted into windows, checked MSI CPUZ and it rated it at 2400Mhz... because in task manager for some odd reason it's not telling me my ram speed. I even tried to manually change it in the bios instead of using an XMP profile , saved the settings, booted into windows and checked and it still said 2400Mhz :/ . I did not do anything with voltage, and don't understand how or what to do to make it stable with ram if that's what's needed.

im sorry I forgot to mention I set it to 3200Mhz with the XMP profile, booted into windows, checked MSI CPUZ and it rated it at 2400Mhz... because in task manager for some odd reason it's not telling me my ram speed. I even tried to manually change it in the bios instead of using an XMP profile , saved the settings, booted into windows and checked and it still said 2400Mhz :/ . I did not do anything with voltage, and don't understand how or what to do to make it stable with ram if that's what's needed.
Go view the video below. Go get the apps he's using (basically Ryzen DRAM Calculator and Taiphun). Now try tweaking your BIOS settings. I'd just try for 3200, don't go crazy.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOqhyVNPhaM&t=59s

XSlayerAssassinX

Honorable
Dec 5, 2014
Is your RAM kit model number listed on the QVL?
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350M-GAMING-PRO#support-mem-14

If not it may not be able to run at 3200 MHz on your MB.

I did verify before. It is on that list. Im just gonna get a new motherboard, i decided to not deal with the hassle. I followed the video that was linked on the threat to manually overclock my ram and my PC didnt boot up, then i messed up the holder where my CMOS battery is and it took me until now to get my PC to boot lol. I literally had to hold down the battery with my finger to get it to boot and the light to dissapear from the motherboard indicating there was an issue. the battery is legit popped halfway out of the mobo because i had to release my finger. so im not powering off my PC until i 2 day ship a motherboard to my house lol

Reactions: DMAN999