Why can't my pc run this game even tho its specs are better?

ginningfool97

Honorable
Dec 10, 2015
Just bought subsistence and my PC struggles to run it about 28-30 fps even when I change the graphical settings. My drivers are up to date and I'm doing an anti-malware scan right now.
PC specs: CPU-AMD FX-4350
GPU-GeForce GTX 960 4GB 128 bit-bus
RAM-G.skill 8GB 1600MHz
Mobo-Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB
OS-windows 10
subsistence specs-RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Quad Core
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 760+ or Radeon HD 6950
DirectX: Version 9.0
Storage: 1500 MB available space

Possibly because in the game, and the graphics options of it.

You have V sync enabled.
Try disabling it in the graphics setting option of the game if provided.

Or you could try overclocking the FX 4350 cpu you have in the bios of the motherboard it it has overclocking options for the cpu.

It really depends on how good the motherboard is you have though on how far you can overclock the FX 4350 cpu in speed.

On about average most FX based cpu`s will, over the stock working frequency over clock by 600Mhz to 800Mhz.

That would, or should give you a few more Fps in the game if your willing to experiment.
It goes without saying you should also have the latest video driver version installed for your GTX 960 card.

Also in the game settings check the Anti alias settings, the more times AA you have set will impact on the fps in the game if the AA is set to high such as x8 or x16 so try lowering that setting.

Motion blur also takes a big hit on the frame rate results. if you disable it you should gain a few more frames per second when playing the game.

ginningfool97

Honorable
Dec 10, 2015

Yea I can see how the CPU sucks with it only being $80 but I guess since I played things like the forest and the graphics look sort of similar I suppose I'd get 60fps like in the forest. But still not sure why the fps is pretty much the same when everything is off or on low.

ginningfool97

Honorable
Dec 10, 2015

I am currently in the process of picking parts for my new build soon