[SOLVED] Why can't turning off and on a PSU's switch reset its protection circuits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s355

Commendable
Mar 19, 2021
Once I accidentally shorted my PSU (for testing purposes). I tried turning its switch off and on but it won't reset. In order to reset the PSU, the connection between PS_ON and GND has to be broken and reconnected. Why is that so?

Solution
Once I accidentally shorted my PSU (for testing purposes). I tried turning its switch off and on but it won't reset. In order to reset the PSU, the connection between PS_ON and GND has to be broken and reconnected. Why is that so?

For all the time and energy you've spent with your nonstop pointless, occasionally dangerous experiments, you could have taken a class and actually learned some fundamentals about the physics involved and how circuits work. You need a foundation, but you're building your house on sand.

Because that's how they work. LOL!

In a REAL WORLD situation, the short would trigger SCP >>AND<< release the PS_ON and power good.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

For all the time and energy you've spent with your nonstop pointless, occasionally dangerous experiments, you could have taken a class and actually learned some fundamentals about the physics involved and how circuits work. You need a foundation, but you're building your house on sand.

Reactions: Ralston18
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.