Why computer slow opening graphic programs such as Photoshop and Corel Painter

Nov 25, 2018
Have a ASRock fatality Z97, recently installed a 5th generation i7 processor Nvidia 1060 32 ram and still takes CorelPainter a digital painting software about 17 seconds to open and when painting the brush stroke continues to lag behind about 2 seconds and blending longer. When opening Photoshop at the same time gets even worse. 3 years ago had an older CPU and would run faster and perform much better. I have a 5 year old Mac Mini i5 and compared to a runner the Mac Mini would run a mile in 5 min 30 seconds with 5 programs and you tube running at the same time. This $1500 custom built PC with motherboard replaced a year ago and a 5th gen i7 would run a mile in 8 min. What is going on? Have taken it to two computers shops, and the Internet forget that takes about 7 seconds to up and search. Can't wait for the new Mac Mini.

Nov 25, 2018

Yes, I have a Solid State Drive, the latest bios, don't know will check, thanks for your quick response.
If I have to change one item "Motherboard? Using the DDR3 1600, is it possible to purchase a better motherboard and use the 5th gen i7 processor and DDR3 Ram with the possibility to change the Processor to the 9th gen in the future? Would this be a solution for one year, until I have a completely new system?

I wouldn't' change the motherboard. Why did you purchase the 5th-gen i7 instead of an i7-4790K? You have a GTX 1060 so the Iris Pro graphics wouldn't make it worth the while. The i7-4790K is faster. https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i7-5775c-i5-5675c-broadwell,4169.html

My advice is to not buy any new hardware for an old and out of production platform. It's still plenty fast enough for most stuff though.

If you are not sure about your motherboard bios then you should update it to the latest bios from ASRock. The 5th-gen CPU requires a newer bios than any other 4th-gen CPU. https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z97%20Killer/#BIOS

USAFRet

Titan

I have an ASRock Z97M OC, i7-4790k, 500GB SSD, Win 10, 32GB RAM:

Adobe Lightroom takes 3 sec to open
Corel Paintshop Pro 2019 takes 4.5 sec to open
Rhino 3D takes about 3 sec to open
Medium complexity Excel file takes ~2 sec to open
Corel Painter Essentials 6 takes approx. 4 sec to open, and zero lag time between mouse move and brush stroke on the screen.

Nov 25, 2018

Nov 25, 2018
Spent money and time to upgrade and no change-frustrating. Not a gamer, graphics, photo and designing background art for 3D, etc. Thanks for your information and will attempt to update bios for the 5th-gen