Question Why creating a new user account in Windows 10 make it look like a newly installed OS?

Jul 26, 2019
Hi Guys,

As the title says, why does creating a new user account (Local / Microsoft Account) in Windows 10 may look like a newly installed operating system.

Why did I ask:
  • Because the desktop is so clean and has a default background of windows 10 when doing a new installed OS.
  • There are no installed applications/programs
  • No personal files from the existing users

Just wondering, please enlighten me.

Thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master
because that is what a default New user looks like

if you want to have access to another users folders, you likely need to make that account an admin and copy the older users folder from
C:/users/old username
onto the folder for the new user name in same directory, that gives you access to all its files (need to do this from an admin account)

If you create Microsoft account, then it will synchronize with your MS account on other pc-s. Synchronization can be configured in settings.
Apps will need to be reinstalled. All purchased apps will be available for install without buying them second time.
Personal files will be available after synchronization with One Drive (only those files, you have on One Drive). Other files you'll have to copy manually.

Jul 26, 2019
because that is what a default New user looks like

if you want to have access to another users folders, you likely need to make that account an admin and copy the older users folder from
C:/users/old username
onto the folder for the new user name in same directory, that gives you access to all its files (need to do this from an admin account)
Okay, I get it now. But how about the applications/software's that are already installed. How can the other account can have on its own?

TRENDING THREADS