[SOLVED] Why Cyberpunk 2077 Not Running Fine For Me?

Jan 23, 2021
I know the game has issues but the game is really crashing a lot for me on my PC. Is my PC just not good enough? Here are some specs about my PC.

DirectX Version: DirectX 12
Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K
Memory: 12 GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 3 GB
Storage: SSD (250 GB)

Reactions: Bassman999
Solution
The frame rate is already 30
Accept it until you can afford a whole system upgrade.
Both your cpu and gpu are on the weaker end.
I'd ussually say upgrade the GPU for cyberpunk but considering the current gpu market there is hardly anything that you can buy that is better than your 780, with a tight budget.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I cannot imagine the game running well on that setup at all. It is right on minimum spec.

I have issue running the game much over custom/low at the frame rates I want with a system based in 2700X and a 1080. The game is poorly optimized, but it's also super demanding.

Go under the "performance" sub tab of gameplay and turn the crowd spawn down. It helps a lot.
Set a maximum and reasonable frame rate. I would try 30.

Jan 23, 2021
I cannot imagine the game running well on that setup at all. It is right on minimum spec.

I have issue running the game much over custom/low at the frame rates I want with a system based in 2700X and a 1080. The game is poorly optimized, but it's also super demanding.

Go under the "performance" sub tab of gameplay and turn the crowd spawn down. It helps a lot.
Set a maximum and reasonable frame rate. I would try 30.
The frame rate is already 30

SnowMN

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2013
Just a note on the whole badly opt/ised games dealio if u throw oc on top of that its gonna crash dial down or wait for patches,even more so if ur close to minimum requirements no one likes it its just the way it is

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I know the game has issues but the game is really crashing a lot for me on my PC. Is my PC just not good enough? Here are some specs about my PC.

DirectX Version: DirectX 12
Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K
Memory: 12 GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 3 GB
Storage: SSD (250 GB)
Mostly the video card you need at least a GTX 1070 to get 60 FPS @ 1080p with a mixture of low/mid/off settings. Processor is also slacking if you can overclock it to 5.0 or so it would help but basically you looking at one of the most demanding games with a 10 year old PC.

Last edited:

carocuore

Respectable
Jan 24, 2021
You unironically need a 3080 or even a 3090 in order to run that game at 60 frames, it's just poorly optimized

You could upgrade to the 3770K that's still a pretty good chip and get a newer graphics card but honestly it's not worth it for just one unfinished and bugged game.

I just bought an RX 6800! My bday present to myself!
How much for that? so I'll make it 2X for my country and see how many kidneys would I need to sell :kikou:

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
You unironically need a 3080 or even a 3090 in order to run that game at 60 frames, it's just poorly optimized

You could upgrade to the 3770K that's still a pretty good chip and get a newer graphics card but honestly it's not worth it for just one unfinished and bugged game.

How much for that? so I'll make it 2X for my country and see how many kidneys would I need to sell :kikou:
You dont want to know lol
$1225 😒but tax free at least

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021

Where are you located?

D

Deleted member 2838871

I have 32gb 3600ram 5900X cpu and 1050 ti and I get around 15-28 fps on cyberpunk on 1080p low settings

I have a 10900k and 3090 with 64GB 4000 ram and haven't loaded CP2077 yet. I own it... bought it on release day. It's on my GOG app but all I've done is run the patches for it. I didn't plan it like this but after I bought it I got tied up at work for a few days and by the time I actually had time to play the internet was full of complaints so I was like "eh... maybe I'll wait."

... and I'm still waiting. :LOL: Between RDR2, MSFS2020, Hitman 3, Medium... just haven't felt a burning need to try CP2077 yet. If I was still playing WoW Classic that would tie me up even further.

I'm wanting to see if 4K 60 fps ultra settings is possible... and if not I bet I get close... but as of now I'm still keeping CP2077 hidden away.

Wanted a 3090 lol, but 3080 or 3070 based or pricing and availability. But they kept going up in price... So I researched the AMD stuff since its slightly easier to get. Anyway its way better than what I have so Ill be able to play at good settings with 1440

Grats on the card! Better than what you had!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
I have a 10900k and 3090 with 64GB 4000 ram and haven't loaded CP2077 yet. I own it... bought it on release day. It's on my GOG app but all I've done is run the patches for it. I didn't plan it like this but after I bought it I got tied up at work for a few days and by the time I actually had time to play the internet was full of complaints so I was like "eh... maybe I'll wait."

... and I'm still waiting. :LOL: Between RDR2, MSFS2020, Hitman 3, Medium... just haven't felt a burning need to try CP2077 yet. If I was still playing WoW Classic that would tie me up even further.

I'm wanting to see if 4K 60 fps ultra settings is possible... and if not I bet I get close... but as of now I'm still keeping CP2077 hidden away.

Grats on the card! Better than what you had!
Yeah the graphics are actually good at 1080P low setting. I cant imagine in person with 4k high or ultra!
I havent played it much. It was really just a test to see if it would play or not.
It actually doesnt stutter at 17fps somehow.
I havent played many new titles yet since im living in 2016 with this old card 🤣.
Im glad I bought CP 2077 after it cropped to $28. Im too cheap to buy titles when they 1st releae, and Im more into driving games honestly.

D

Deleted member 2838871

Yeah the graphics are actually good at 1080P low setting. I cant imagine in person with 4k high or ultra!
I havent played it much. It was really just a test to see if it would play or not.
It actually doesnt stutter at 17fps somehow.
I havent played many new titles yet since im living in 2016 with this old card 🤣.
Im glad I bought CP 2077 after it cropped to $28. Im too cheap to buy titles when they 1st releae, and Im more into driving games honestly.

Hahahah... you got me there, I paid $65 for it I think. I play on a 48" OLED so yeah, 4K ultra is insanely beautiful. I may fire it up soon... just to see how it performs now that it's been patched a few times. I've had a couple people tell me "it runs great" but like 8/10 complained about it which is why I haven't played it yet. Maybe it's just a hardware issue and it will run great on mine. Easy to assume that...

Will see.

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
Hahahah... you got me there, I paid $65 for it I think. I play on a 48" OLED so yeah, 4K ultra is insanely beautiful. I may fire it up soon... just to see how it performs now that it's been patched a few times. I've had a couple people tell me "it runs great" but like 8/10 complained about it which is why I haven't played it yet. Maybe it's just a hardware issue and it will run great on mine. Easy to assume that...

Will see.
I can only assume it perform great on yours. Running on mine at 17without glitching or freezing says a lot. I think my CPU is likely helping some in that regard.

carocuore

Respectable
Jan 24, 2021
You dont want to know lol
$1225 😒but tax free at least
Where are you located?
Nightmare diff
3LOiNYZ.jpg

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Been playing Cyberpunk 2077 again, and noted that game works best if left on auto configured graphics setting... on my pc its running a smooth 40~80 Vsynced Ultra @ 1080p.

For some reason this 40fps seems a lot smoother than 40 fps in rdr2 @ 4k auto setting.

No crashes, and I'm nearly complete playthrough on patch 1.05. Steam build.